Sunglow boas of any sort? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It can happen with het x albino, too (from personal experience)...there are issues with missing or deformed eyes. The pics I posted were probably zapped with the site issues last year, but I'll take a look.

Found them...
These babies were from a motley (66%, at the time) het albino x an albino.

The eyes ruptured at, or before, the first shed.
Im sorry Harald, they were beautiful. And thanks for more info. Didnt know a het x visual would cause that as well.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
hhmoore
One of the possible explanations for this particular issue was that it might be related to low incubation temps....and that it might be more of an issue with albino females, because they wouldn't absorb/retain heat as well as darker girls.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
A9trindl
Feel so bad for that little guy, well we will see what I can save up for in the 2-3 months I'm looking for something that's ready to breed now hopefully I can can find something larger that someone is having a hard time getting rid of. I currently have two retics one albino lavender and one yellow head normal so they will they bee breeding soon as well.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
TIBOR PAPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9trindl View Post
I'm really interested in trying to produce some high contrast sunglows, I saw a cherry sunglow RTB the other day in person and just pissed my pants in awe she was amazing! I have wanted to do a boa project for a while and I think I have decided what I want to produce. Just wondering how I can go about doing this or to get something similar to sunglows? What combinations can I do or look for to buy. I'm still fairly new to breeding snakes.

Thanks~Alex
let your imagination run wild...your in control..take the time to really think about it...set goals..select top quality animals.
here's a thought...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
jmwboas
Stunner boas Tibor!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
crotalusadamanteus
Tibor, you mind if I ask what the patternless animal is in this pic?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
TIBOR PAPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Tibor, you mind if I ask what the patternless animal is in this pic?

Hi Rich..sure, its a albino super motley...in a sunglow motley litter.
heres a picture of him a year plus...

and a few from this years litters..

your sig is right ON!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
crotalusadamanteus
Ahhh, OK. I just didn't catch the Motley patterning in the litter picture. Nice looking animal. Hope the best for you with that one given the history of Super Mots.

This yrs animals are looking pretty nice too.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #19
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Ahhh, OK. I just didn't catch the Motley patterning in the litter picture. Nice looking animal. Hope the best for you with that one given the history of Super Mots.

This yrs animals are looking pretty nice too.
I talked to Jeremy Stone on facebook and he stated that he believes he may have the super mot figured out. I guess there are some now in the 3 year range.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
Interesting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!