Dragons Den Herp (INFO) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
JimD
What kind of tank are you keeping this dragon in?

Jim.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
outsdr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
What kind of tank are you keeping this dragon in?

Jim.
Jim,Jim,Jim have you not read all of the posts? this is a bearded dragon not a chameleon.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
mademperor
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsdr2
Jim,Jim,Jim have you not read all of the posts? this is a bearded dragon not a chameleon.

I'll clear this up now, just in case there is doubts:

40g Breeder tank, I plan on upgrading when he's bigger to a 4x2x2 (but 40g is more appropriate for a baby)
Ceramic Tile substrate
Halogen Light & Mega-Ray MVB
110* basking, 70ish cool.
Fed crickets, silkworms, and a variety of greens.
Give him a bath every other day
I know the caresheets, so you can trust me when I say it's not a husbandry issue.

----

Bottom line is I feel cheated because I paid top dollar for a dragon that was nothing like promised. Kevin has now admitted he misleads his customers by posting doctored photos. Any *good guy* breader knows, an amazing looking dragon doesn't need photoshop.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
JimD
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsdr2
Oh sorry! I must have missed that part!

I brought some (15) Dragons in from Keven about 2 months ago. I must say they looked like ass at first. I had them in rubbermaid bins while they were in quarantine. After that they were moved into glass tanks. They still did not look like much. I was not happy to say the least. I then moved the Bloods into a melamine tank and within days colored up immensely.
I have moved all of them into the melamine tanks and all have colored up great.

Just sayin.

Jim.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
outsdr2
Quote:
Oh sorry! I must have missed that part!

I brought some (15) Dragons in from Keven about 2 months ago. I must say they looked like ass at first. I had them in rubbermaid bins while they were in quarantine. After that they were moved into glass tanks. They still did not look like much. I was not happy to say the least. I then moved the Bloods into a melamine tank and within days colored up immensely.
I have moved all of them into the melamine tanks and all have colored up great.

Just sayin.

Jim.
And they look exactly like the photoshoped photo's?? can you post those please?!?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #16
JimD
I never got any phots of the Dragons I was getting. I told Kevin I wanted the nicest ones he had and didnt want anything but that. He sent me the Dragons and you know the rest.

Jim.

JFYI 2.3 Bloods
2.3 Sandfires
2.2 Citrus
1.0 German Giant

Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
outsdr2
Quote:
I never got any phots of the Dragons I was getting. I told Kevin I wanted the nicest ones he had and didnt want anything but that. He sent me the Dragons and you know the rest.

Jim.

JFYI 2.3 Bloods
2.3 Sandfires
2.2 Citrus
1.0 German Giant
OK Jim then allow me to rephrase the question. Did any of the dragons you purchased from Kevin turn as red as the photoshoped photo's?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
JimD
No.

Thats also not what I was looking for.

Jim.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
LauraB
Jim D

Since you bought Bloods from Kevin just a couple months ago and have commented that they've really colored up since moving them into melamine tanks, how about posting a couple of recent undoctored pics. Might be helpful for a comparison.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #20
replvr
Quote:
I brought some (15) Dragons in from Keven about 2 months ago. I must say they looked like ass at first.

Jim.
Quote:
I told Kevin I wanted the nicest ones he had and didnt want anything but that.
So you got the nicest dragons he had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTSDR2
OK Jim then allow me to rephrase the question. Did any of the dragons you purchased from Kevin turn as red as the photoshoped photo's?
Quote:
No.

Thats also not what I was looking for.

Jim.
So it stands to reason that he (Dragons Den) is editing pics to look nothing like what he is selling.

Kevin sold Jim the best looking dragons he had and yet they still didn't color up like the pics he posts in ads.

Its been obvious to so many that the pics were edited for a long time but I personally didn't know how to prove it. A reputable seller will not doctor pics in order to make a sale, period.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!