Dragons Den Herp (INFO) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #61
snake5007
Chris was online earlier. He might've missed Kevins post.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #62
David Reid
WOW

Back a few years ago, probably like 6 years ago, I had a few nice Dragons. At the time, I could not afford the $300 for unsexed Sandfires, so purchased a few subadult and sexed Yellow and Orange, no name dragons. They honestly looked about the same, most of the time, whether basking or on the cooler side eating. I could have taken a few pics outside, with them sitting on a nice rock, and captured their color well enough to put a few honest pics of them in an ad.

What the seller is doing, is blatantly misrepresenting his animals, by altering the pictures of them.

I equate what is going on with the BD's and their color to placing a 200 gram Ball in a tub on a scale, RIGHT after it fed on two small rats, and placing a 50 gram object on the scale, but not in the pic, and calling it 350 grams "empty." And then, not offering a refund based on weight discrepancies.

There are nice RED dragons out there, I would be pissed if I spent that kind of money on an average looking dragon.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #63
Cat_72

While it is very true that a Beardie will look different when it just wakes up, or when it is active and warm, or under whatever different circumstances...I keep going back to those pics Raul posted. There is NO WAY, no matter what kind of heat and/or light you put that Beardie under, it will EVER look like the fluorescent orange/red picture that was provided by Kevin. Like I said before, it's a nice dragon, yes.....but fluorescent orange? Not hardly.

By telling the new owners that it is THEIR fault that the beardie doesn't look like the pics (poor husbandry, etc), when they were altered to give them the color in the pics....is shady at best, IMO. This may fly with newbies to Beardies, and perhaps since they feel it is THEIR fault (combined with that misinterpretation of color clause), they just drop the subject.

If Kevin has this stellar reputation for awesome animals, why not take HONEST pictures, and let the animals speak for themselves? I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when the animal arrives at how brilliant the color is, than to open the box and think, "Wtf, this isn't even CLOSE to the picture of the animal I purchased".

Old 03-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #64
swineb2
no offence david but you couldn't be more wrong.....i have a beautiful dragon i got from sundial and he is the deepest citrus tiger i've seen ...i bread him to a normal and his babies came out pure citrus tigers....not all but most one was even prettier than him....and there's days were i'll go in there and all twenty dragons will be looking drk and just normal....the only dragon i've ever had that doesn't really ever change and nvr looks normal is my orange trans i got from blood bank :/

Old 03-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #65
David Reid
Kevin, no offence taken, but I stand by what I said. There were never times where I would take a picture of them, and say wow, that is not their true color, and have to FORGE and FALSIFY pictures of them. What I am saying is, looking at my dragons, at ANYTIME of the day, you could tell how nice they were, and pick out the nicest ones, and even when they heated up during the day, and had their best coloration, the ones you picked out earlier, as the nicest, were still the nicest. Bottom line, you could tell how nice my dragons were at anytime of the day. I could take a pic of them pretty much anytime, and have the pic at least represent the color of each dragon. Now, if the pic was a bad pic, I would take another one, or put in the ad, pic does not do them justice, what I would not do is forge pictures by color enhancing them. Like it has been said, I would rather play down an animal, and have the buyer ecstatic, then over hype an animal, and forge pictures, and have a buyer disappointed.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #66
swineb2
oh yeah i get what your saying....yeah everybody is different....but also so is every dragon i wish my dragons were like yours but there not and obviously there's alot that there color differs depending on mood heat ect ect but i have spoke with dden they were always more then willing to help maybe chris approached him very aggressive

Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #67
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by swineb2
oh yeah i get what your saying....yeah everybody is different....but also so is every dragon i wish my dragons were like yours but there not and obviously there's alot that there color differs depending on mood heat ect ect but i have spoke with dden they were always more then willing to help maybe chris approached him very aggressive
Actually, Kevin offered a refund.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #68
swineb2
Thumbs up

yeah i know lol ....i would of tken it immediately if i was unhappy

Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #69
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
Actually, Kevin offered a refund.
So that makes it OK for him to misrepresent his animals with doctored up pictures?

He also originally stated that he would give a refund, but would not pay for the return shipping of the animal. So, the buyer is out the $60 or so for shipping, and has nothing to show for it.....or he can resell the dragon for what it is really worth, using real photos, and still be out money.....or keep the dragon that isn't what he wanted or paid for and be done with it. Quite the choices, really.

Sure, he offered to pay for the shipping NOW, in public view, but does that still make it right to use altered photos to sell his animals?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #70
replvr
Yes he is unhappy with the color of the dragon. BUT at this point he has had this dragon for a month. He appears to have some sort of bond with this dragon. He originally started out asking for a return when he first got the dragon. That was not an option really. Now he has grown to love the dragon. At the very least, Kevin should give this guy a partial refund. That dragon would have sold for $75-$125 on Kingsnake. He should give the OP the difference. Something. But to ask him to give it back NOW after he has had it so long is just wrong. He didn't offer to take it back initially when that was what the OP wanted, only now that the public has gotten involved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!