Dragons Den Herp (INFO) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #71
mademperor
Sorry I've been gone this weekend, as this was my marine corps drill weekend. All i can say is, it was cold in Buffalo NY this weekend! (Yet it's warm tonight, go figure)

I thought I would respond to a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swineb2
yeah i know lol ....i would of tken it immediately if i was unhappy
That option wasn't on the table immediately. I wasn't offered any return what so ever until almost the 2nd week, and this still required me to spend $90 in shipping.

4 weeks later
now that this issue is in the public spot light it's a return and paid shipping.... Would this be the case if I had not posted?...

Quote:
i think some people are just unhappy ppl and are unsatisfied no matter what
First off, your attitude is not appreciated. Second, I heard that same expression from Kevin at dden, go figure..

That said, I'm pretty easy to please. I just wanted a red dragon that was somewhat similar to the pictures.
What I received was misrepresented, so yes I was let down.

Quote:
Yes he is unhappy with the color of the dragon. BUT at this point he has had this dragon for a month. He appears to have some sort of bond with this dragon. He originally started out asking for a return when he first got the dragon. That was not an option really. Now he has grown to love the dragon.

This is where I'm at now. It has been awhile, and I have to admit... color aside, I have become attached to the little guy
That does not mean that it's right to falsify pictures, and only ofter to make things right after the issue goes public.

Also, keep in mind I only started this thread with the intent to inform. I didn't start it to start a big debate. I hope perspective buys and such will now have some info regarding my purchase and experience with dden.

Well, I'm off to bed now I'm exhausted

Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #72
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
So that makes it OK for him to misrepresent his animals with doctored up pictures?

He also originally stated that he would give a refund, but would not pay for the return shipping of the animal. So, the buyer is out the $60 or so for shipping, and has nothing to show for it.....or he can resell the dragon for what it is really worth, using real photos, and still be out money.....or keep the dragon that isn't what he wanted or paid for and be done with it. Quite the choices, really.

Sure, he offered to pay for the shipping NOW, in public view, but does that still make it right to use altered photos to sell his animals?

I was just pointing out to the other Kevin that DD's Kevin had offered a refund. I don't agree with doctoring photo's to make an animal look flourescent and i don't agree with the way that his guarantee is worded either.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #73
swineb2
lol what did he mean by go figure?¿?? i didn't mean to come off as such a dick but i couldn't just sit around and watch everybody jump on a bandwagon and bash dden...i've nvr met kevin ....but when i've ever had q's i'd call him he was always more then willing to help me with a dragon i didn't even purchase from him

Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 PM   #74
replvr
But he obviously wasn't tripping over himself to help BEFORE this all went public. His requests (the OP's) went unanswered for 2 weeks before he posted here. How is that making someone just never satisfied?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #75
outsdr2
I for one would like to see an updated picture. How about it mademperor?
Jack Huffman

Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #76
greatlakesreptiles
poor color

i purchased several dragons from kevin they looked great on kingsnake but they never have and never will look like the pics we tryed all lighting options we had one die and one never grew he did replace them 6 months later with me paying shiping he wrote on the container let her get hot well if we would have got her any hotter it would have been in the oven still poor color it boils down to them being above average pet store quality buyer beware a pic is only as good as the person taking or altering

Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #77
Johnenewt1
I think it's hysterical how Kevin Dunne of Dragon's Den Herp intentionally colors up all of his photos of his bearded dragons and makes them look more colorful than they really are. He even admits to it on his website. What a sad excuse for a breeder misleading the public...

Old 03-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #78
LauraB
Was there a specific reason you went to the trouble of ressurecting this 2-year old thread?
Do you have your own experience to share?

How about sharing your full name (in compliance with BOI rules).

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #79
hhmoore
I can partially answer that, Laura - he originally posted in the BD discussion forum, and I told him that, if he wanted to single out this business (as opposed to a generic discussion of misleading photos), it would have to be brought here. Looks like he caught the part in the rules about utilizing existing threads, but ignored the full name requirement.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #80
LauraB
Gotcha Harald

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!