Feedback solicited on speed issues. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
WebSlave
Feedback solicited on speed issues.

I have given my new server hosting company an ultimatum to get things straightened out within one week, or I am moving my servers to a new host.

But I need you all to provide some feedback for me about the speed of page loadings. Especially when posting a reply, as this seems to particularly lag when I try it.

Now, I know I have problems with some routers in the path from Comcast, so I can't rely solely on my own experiences. And I do believe there are some ISPs out there that are also contributing to the problem. So if you would, please post here in this thread about your own perception of the speed of this site and while you are at it, please indicate your ISP so I can get a feel of what the heck is going on. If the speed issues are pretty much related to just a couple of ISPs, then I may be barking up the wrong tree thinking it's the data center's netword at fault. And I CERTAINLY do not want to go through another server move unnecessarily!

So let me know over the next week how things are going. Intermittent problems should be noted as well as these are certainly also worthy of making note of.

Anyway, sorry about all this. If I knew who to smack alongside the head with a Louisville Slugger to make it all better, I'd do so in a heartbeat.....

Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Lightning fast tonite, has not been running this good in awhile.

Now if we only can work the bugs out of the BP classifieds. J/K

Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I've been hesitant to post to these since I said it was working great and then had to come back and say it was sucking again. But since you asked

RIGHT Now it seems to be working great. Last night it was sucking BIG TIME. Seems to me that in the early morning or late evening it is usually better (high traffic times are slower perhaps)~ but last night was particularly bad.

I'm not sure exactly what your looking for with ISP~ but I have AT&T DSL it used to be Pacific Bell DSL~ who sold it to Yahoo who sold it to AT&T. I've been on the same equipment through all of these changes (you know I hate to be upgraded!) and the only difference I can see between the three companies is whose name they want me to write on my check to pay them every month.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
It seems to be working fine at this time, but I have had a lot of intermittent issues with pages loading.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Seems to be running fine for me, Every NOW and THEN i get a problem posting a reply and usually have to hit the submit button again to get it to post, but ive also been having my own interweb problems so that could just be the case. Currently, ive got Verizon DSL.

Also, side thing here, but it says the chat servers are unavailable, or that my firewall could be blocking chat, i got in there last night... so is this an issue with just fauna for the time being? ( IE: you stopped access to it for now to test speed problems?)

Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
Stardust
I hesitate to write this because it seems like everytime I say it is doing somewhat better (and it is at this moment) I get lags. There have even been a couple of times when it just switched to a new page. Hope hitting the submit button and waiting won't make me regret this post.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
Casey Hulse
Seems "ok" now

last week it was awful. I did not know it was your host, I thought we had a "bug"

Old 08-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Also, side thing here, but it says the chat servers are unavailable, or that my firewall could be blocking chat, i got in there last night... so is this an issue with just fauna for the time being? ( IE: you stopped access to it for now to test speed problems?)
Achh... I rebooted the server last night and I don't believe I edited the server's startup file to restart the chat engine. So I'll restart it and try to remember where that blasted file is on the server so I can add the startup script link.

Sorry.... Too much going on and not enough brain cells still alive...

Old 08-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Achh... I rebooted the server last night and I don't believe I edited the server's startup file to restart the chat engine. So I'll restart it and try to remember where that blasted file is on the server so I can add the startup script link.

Sorry.... Too much going on and not enough brain cells still alive...

YAY! thanks rich! It is working and happy now

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
BryonsBoas
The speed seems better since the server reboot way early this AM.

Few probs me & Laura have discussed...

On 1 Occasion so far I typed a post under my screen name , hit submit it posted under hers.

Quite a few occasions one us has hit the back button after surfing Fauna only to be put under the other users screen name. Keep in mind , this is after reading a few threads in various forums and 1 click on the back button. It also shows the date a few days to over a week back when this happens.

Before the server restart the green screen of frozen death wasn't as bad as before but still popped by to say HI every so often.

Chat is still a freaky kick you to curb willy nilly kinda thing. It takes turns on everybody but does love to drop the server. Maybe the restart will help with that.

I'm seeing improvements since you upgraded everything and started working the bugs out. Just like anything else it takes time but I'm sure you learned a lesson about server moves during baby season.

I'm on NetZero and yes dial up sucks. I had other problems as well but it seems a corrupt ISP program was the cause of those.

Quote:
Huh , no wonder chat was dead tonight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!