Inquiry Rick Macdonald? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
bear
Rick Macdonald?

I am about to make a purchase from Rick Macdonald of wheaton illinois. I cant find any sort of references for him or any info on him and just want to be safe. Anyone who can share any info on him would be appreciated. Thanks,

Alberto Dimatteo

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
bear
Ok, so i ended up asking this guy for a picture of the animal eating and a current picture for size reference and rick could not deliver. I then get a random contact from one of ricks former customers telling me that he bought some high end animals from rick and was totally ripped off animals never shipped and rick was banned from kingsnake. I would imagine this is why i never received a response from rick after i suggested we meet and do the deal in person since chicago is 4 hours from me. I am pretty sure this guy doesnt even have these animals. I will not do business with rick as im sure i would have been scammed. His fauna tag is tazz28.

Alberto Dimatteo

Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Iraqvet
I let people know about this in one of his add's for a boa..

Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
bear
I have requested that the person who gave me the info come comment on the situation and have informed rick as well.

Alberto Dimatteo

Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
tazz28
Should know all the facts before you post something.

Before you post something you should know both sides of the story

I was sending multiols snakes to a client and he wanted to use his fedex number and schedule a pick up.

I told him that would be fine but it would have to wait for a few weeks or I can send them now. He was ok to wait. He wanted to have them picked up on thursday for friday shipping and I told him I didnt recommend it but fine.

The night before I was going to send them had a family emergency and told him it would have to be Monday He was ok with it.

Sunday I find out he put a hold on the money via paypal when I called him he told me to send them and let him check everything out and if he liked everything and the snakes were fine he would then figure out how much money to release.

I told him no way and forget it.

I thought it was a done deal and it was over it turned out a purchase made for a few hundred dollars and it deducted the amount from the money he had on hold.

He never called me he never talked to me about it and it wasnt to paypal contacted me a 6 weeks later that I found out about it I immeadiately got him the difference in money.

If I was trying to screw him why would I left the money in my Paypal account ( sat there for weeks ) why would I paid him the difference back Didi it the day I told him I would.

Who here would of sent there own snakes out after he froze the money with out telling you and say ship them and then I will release some of the money.

If I was trying to screw people why would I use my real name for these postings.

Think about it.

Richard McDonald

PS if you want references just ask .

Old 01-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Iraqvet
Are you infact banned from kingsnake??Would you have been willing to meet the OP for the deal?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
tazz28
snakes

I would rather the person come to my house to see the snakes and determine if they want them or not. I hate to bring my snakes out in below freezing weather. As far as Kingsnake I don't know and don't really care.

Richard McDonald

Old 01-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
tazz28
BOI Posting is not about ME

The BOI posting is not about me My name is Richard McDonald I live in Illinois. I am not this other person check it talks about this person being called the orangepython or something.

As I stated before people need to get their facts straight.

Richard P. McDonald ( not MacDonald )

Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Iraqvet
If you look at your info to the left of your posting,it looks as though you do spell your name "Macdonald"

Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
JaceDBallpythons
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet View Post
If you look at your info to the left of your posting,it looks as though you do spell your name "Macdonald"
My thoughts exactly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!