Bad Guy gahnns Crickets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
Pure
Thumbs down gahnns Crickets

First off, I hight a bad guy rep would be a lil extreme. However, I just had one of the most unpleasant experiences in ordering feeders from anyone, using them. I placed and order for crickets. I payed with paypal. Something went wrong with paypal, and they never received my payment. I had no clue of this. Now my order was placed before 11AM this Wed. According to them all orders placed before 12PM will be shipped that day. Well at 5PM That day I never got an confirmation email stating that my order had been shipped. I let it go, then the following day I waited unil about 4:3P to send an email asking what's the deal. According to them my paypal was never revieved. I verified this with paypal. I have no clue as to wha happened, but regardless, this was not my fault. I did everything as instructed..

According to gahnns, they sent me an email asking where was the payment. I neer got this email, and my Spam filter was turned off. Nor did they offer to resend this email. Now here we are on Friday. I have hungry animals, waiting for these feeder. After talking to the management, at first she was unwilling to ship on a Friday, bur after a heated conversation she decided to see if her staff would pack and ship my order...now here is the kicker. The shipping for SAT delivery is an extra 20 summin bucks, that I have to now eat. All I ask is for them to share the price. This fupa was neither my mistake nor totally 100% theires...all be it an email wed would have completely resolved the situation.

So in essence, if you have any issues with on line orders from them it is not to be trusted. Call them, and hopefully for your sake you will no get the manager Tammy, who only seems to be concerned with the botom line,,,and has a complete disregard for her customers satisfaction where cash is involved. This will be my last order from Gahhns and I implore you to do the same.

If they do not mke this right I will go elsewere, as should you. Afer all it appers their botom line is all they care about :shrug:

Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Pure
Just a note, the quality of a companmy is really tesed not with thr products they supply, but more so with how they deal with problems. So far Gahhns is ranking at abou a D-

Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Magic Merlin
Shannen, don't you think this is a little quick to judge? I think your frustration should be with Paypal since it was their mistake......do you have a receipt confirmation that the payment was made by Paypal? Fedex and UPS have a huge surcharge for Saturday delivery so I understand Ghann's not wanting to ship and if their is a delay once the shippers have the package then your feeders won't arrive till Monday and it will probably have died.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Flatlander
It sounds like a simple problem which could have been fixed with a two minute phone call which you should have made when your payment didn't go through. Instead, you've chosen to trash them on a public board. How is it their fault that you don't know how to use Paypal? How is it their fault that you don't know how to use a telephone?

Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
DAND
Good grief, are you for real? Now I may be going out on a limb here but my guess is YOU screwed up when doing the pay-pal. Ghanns didn't receive a payment and therefore did not ship the order and you have a problem with that? Get a life and learn how to make payments. Seeing how you have posted here I can say with relative certainty you didn't check what you had done before leaving the computer.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Pure
OK first of all a phone call was made. I did everything needed to be done on my end on the paypal, so put that gun away unless you plan on shooting yourself in the foot. I also spent several back and forth phone calls with Tammy trying to fix this. Obviously something happened with the paypal. I'm not a child and am perfectly capable pf using paypal. everything on my end went fine...somehow there was a screwup on paypals end. Now like I said before, I don't expext gahhns to eat the total charges for the Sat delivery. Buy I think it is more than fare for them to at least split it...and in all actuality, had they actually sent me an error email yesterday this all could have been avoided. But alas no emails were sent. My spam folder (for the second time is SHUT OFF.) Regardless, they are handling this very poorly, and as a company...again it's a rue test of a company when things go wrong and how they deal with it that makes the value of the company evident. As far as I'm concered...I can go else were for a lil more money and get better customer service.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Magic Merlin
Personal attacks against a new poster is completely unprofessional, especially from a moderator, way to diffuse a situation.

Shannen, I do think it is very out of the ordinary for a company to be mind readers and know that a last second order mistake had happened......Ghann's will probably more than happy to send your order out first thing Monday morning.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Pure
As an added note for those of you who actually READ. I have had several happy purchases fcrom them. This las one was a total FUBAR. And like I said, a company's worth is decided when and how they deal with problems. I made it very clear to Tammy that this would be my course of action after our last PHONE conversation.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Pure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Merlin View Post
Personal attacks against a new poster is completely unprofessional, especially from a moderator, way to diffuse a situation.

Shannen, I do think it is very out of the ordinary for a company to be mind readers and know that a last second order mistake had happened......Ghann's will probably more than happy to send your order out first thing Monday morning.
Sorry Jason, but the problem is I have relied on them and their quality service a few times...and to be honest I needed these feeders yesterday. Hence my fustraion in late shipmeny and added cost of shipping alomst doupleing the origional cost of my order.

Again this could have been avoided with an email,,,heck or even a phone call...they have my home number!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
KelliH
Ridiculous that this was even posted on the BOI. Ghann's did nothing wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!