Bad Guy gahnns Crickets - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #31
WebSlave
Please cease with the personal slurs and derogatory name calling.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #32
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I'm not looking for frreebies. All I want is what I paid for, and at this point Im m paying for twice what I ordered. Had their customer service been a lil more helpfulle I would not be in the situation I am in. Essentually I am paying 2 times the price I would have paid had they bothers to send me an email. I know plenty who recomend Gahhns. Like I said I have used them in the past. But this transaction has left more than a sour tasted in my mouth. Not to mention I am spending 1/3rd more for me to ge my feeders late..heck if they ho ad offered some mealworms to mke up the difference i would have been cool, but nope they were unwilling to budge, and until I am satisfied, I will continue to tell my story.
Shannen, you havent paid for this order twice. You are only paying twice the amount of shipping. It was your error, not theirs. They never received the payment from you due to a PayPal issue or user issue. You cannot blame the company you are ordering from if they didnt receive payment from a middleman.

When I send funds via PayPal, I ALWAYS receive an email, WITH CONFIRMATION, stating my funds have been processed. If you do not get a confirmation number, you do not have a completed transaction.

Hell, I even got a call from PayPal yesterday asking me if I received my items from one person. It was odd too simply for the fact that they said it was a large amount and it wasnt even the 3rd largest paid all at once.

If someone was buying something from you but you didnt get any money for it, would you be shipping out the product?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
DD Reptiles
I do a lot of business with Ghanns (seems I spend a small house payment with them every month LOL) and they are the best cricket company I have ever used and if any problems do occur they are quick to fix them.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #34
zzzdanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Shannen, think about this in their shoes. They probably have more customers saying that they are going to order crickets from them but never do. So, in a sense, why would they call you to see why you havent paid them yet? Non-payment through PayPal is no fault of theirs, that is pure user error. Mind you, it happens.

As for them NOT wanting to split shipping costs for a Saturday delivery? Well, like you said, its costing you double. They arent making a profit on the shipping so how do you expect them to cover any of it. Thats sort of asking them to give you something for free even though they didnt do anything wrong.

I understand your frustration as you have hungry animals. But, honestly, you cannot blame a company that didnt have a stake in the race. The only time they had any responsibility was AFTER they received funds for their product.
Well said Dean.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #35
Utta
First, your posts are extremely difficult to read.

Second, as Dean posted, you are only out the shipping due to PayPal never receiving your funds. I am sure that if you look into your records, you will see the payment was sent back into your account.

Third. Ghanns never received your first payment. Why on earth would they send you free crickets? That's like me asking Dean for a free pied just because I SAID that I sent payment. With no proof of actual payment being recived no on would be willing to send you anything. I hope you can call and apologize to Tammy

Old 03-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #36
aleria
As it's been said by a couple people already, if you did not receive the confirmation email from paypal after the first time you sent your payment, then this is entirely on you. You should have known something was wrong because YOU did not get the email saying your payment went through. You say you know how to use paypal just fine, and if that's the case, then you should know that you will always get the payment confirmation email with a payment confirmation number.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #37
Heart4Dragonz
I've never had a problem with ghanns, I've ordered mealies, phoenix worms, and all different size crickets from them. If I ever had a problem, i'd shoot them an email, and they would always write back the same day, and offer replacements!
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone above me, and say you're the one in the wrong here. Even if you did place the order and they didn't recieve the payment, they have no way of knowing that you weren't just waiting to make the payment. You should've checked your paypal.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #38
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Kelli, I know you from these boards as well as your own forum, so I have the utmost respect for you. But how is not sending me an email or at least calling me to let me know there was a problem not good customer service. I know in your efforts to strive for complete customer satisfaction you would at the very least made a phone call to see what was going on. Unless I am mistaking about your customer service skills unwich I highly daubed.

I almost feel tha the good folks who have had outstanding service from third feeder company are speaking from their prospective good happenings with them. As far and few as it may be, bad things happen and here is one. Do not dismiss my posts as a ramblings of a peeved off 6th grader. I know dang well what I am talking about and this transaction is not acceptable. I halve halve a mind to refuse shipment tomorrow and ask for a refund. By the time they get back to MID GAS most probably will be lost, and I will seek a supply else were. I have also ion good graces PMED this thread to Gahhns for heir review.
If Ghann's never received your payment, how would they know that you even placed an order?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
Willow
your payment was never received...Therefore you order technically never actually existed until your second attempt at payment...it is not the responsibility of the seller to contact you about your (or paypals) mistake....you should have double checked that your order had been placed or even called the seller yourself the very moment you did not get a confirmation email from paypal about payment being received.

So then the situation is figured out and you pay them...you then request them to ship on a day that they normally don't ship on due to extra costs. They agree to ship on that day but you want them to eat half the shipping? when normally they wouldn't even ship on that day? The only reason they would ship on that day is at your request, and it should be at your expense

How on earth do you think you deserve any compensation other then what you ordered in this situation, at the costs it would cost anyone else if they requested more expensive shipping...the seller did absolutely nothing wrong and you just seem to be nit picking whatever issue you can. Yes they could have called or emailed you....but in reality they most likely didn't even know you had placed an order. Even if they did see an order summary from you, no payment went through, which wasn't their fault in any way.

They are not obligated to follow up or fix issues on any order that doesn't actually exist....your order didn't exist until they got payment...which had been delayed by no fault of theirs

Old 03-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #40
Iraqvet
I dont even know why people act like this...I could understand if pay pal said they RECIEVED the money,but they claimed they didnt and wanted to bill you twice..But come on man,they never recieved it the first time...That wasnt their fault..I wouldnt eat shipping charges on that either..Like someone else said,waiting til the last minute is chancey..You really need to except this and grow up...Dont you feel like your animals are woth the extra shipping so they could eat?..They couldnt order their own food...If I were them,I would never sell to you again plain and simple....They did not deserve this thread,and now its gonna be here forever cause of you..But when people read it they will see how you act,and I dont see this hurting their businness...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!