Adopted a Uro in bad trouble - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Tiger Cowboy
Adopted a Uro in bad trouble

Hey y'all,
So I picked up a Mali Uro in very rough shape today. He looks to be a liitle short of full grown, but he is severely malnourished. Hardly any fat reserves left, poor muscle definition, etc.

So far I soaked him in warm water and he did seem to drink. I know that many recommend pediatlite but I didn't think of it at the time and will likely do that tomorrow. He does have food available (romaine and shredded bell pepper) that I supplemented with reptivite and calcium. I've got a temp cage setup with a deeper substrate and lots of hides, I just need a better UVB to make it a good recovery spot. This was a quick thing, ran out of time to get fully set-up but it's much better than what he had with the previous owner (a 5g with one red heat light and no cover? come on). Anything I should be doing or not doing onto this list?

I'm afraid he might be to far gone to make the turn around but everything I've read is they are tough critters, so we will see.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Tiger Cowboy
To little to late I'm afraid. I came home to find that the little guy had passed away sometime during the day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!