Anyone know Dan Wilson? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
VinnyButch
Wink Anyone know Dan Wilson?

Has anyone out there had any dealings with Dan Wilson of Ironton, OH?
He seems like a great guy, I just thought I'd do a quick checkout before I sent money. His e-mail is ridgenosed@yahoo.com
Thanks, all
VinnyButch

Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
MattHarris
Yes

yeah, I've dealt with him....no problems, other than I ended up having to drive to Ohio to pick up a snake.......which cost me more money than the snake, not to mention 16hrs round trip.

Ironton, OH is in the middle of Nowhere.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #3
Dan W
Dan Wilson

Yes Matt Harris did have to come here and pick up the snake which was a venomous snake so I couldn't ship it. We were supposed to meet half way but my car broke down that morning so I couldn't meet him. It was not intentional, just one of those things. It would have been nice to see Matt write something about the quality of the snake though.
That is the first and only time I couldn't deliver when I said I would.
For anyone I deal with in the future, here's a list of people I have dealt with for years. I have mostly bought, not sold. But feel free to check with the people listed below for a reference.

Bill Cagle (Tennessee) Bought and sold
King of Kings bought from me
Mardi Snipes (Georgia or SC) I bought
Keith Hillson (Wisconsin) I bought
Kathy Love (Florida) I bought
Rich Zuchowski (Florida) I bought
Dean Allesandrini (Cincinnati OH) I bought
Glades Herp (Florida) Bought and sold
Gene Arnold (Florida) Bought and Sold
ANDRE THIBODEAUX (Shelby Michigan) bought from me

I can provide email addresses for anyone above. Most of them you can find on Kingsnake.com.

Thanks Dan Wilson

Old 12-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
dallas spergin
hello, i did a trade deal with dan on the 20th
the snakes looked great and as discribed.
only negitive thing about this trade was the costomer support
walked on egg shells for almost 2 weeks, dident even know if he was going to meet me till 8-9pm the night b4 the meet.
on a second note, we were going to all ohio reptile show today and it is 5 mins from dans house, i wanted to see if i could spend an hour at the show before we met since he said he would be around, i was afraid someone would steal the cage i got from him
while i was in the show.
he insisted that i came before the show.... so i did.
on the way up their was heavy traffic so i called dan twice to let him know we would be a little late. and his wife was yelling in the background (i have to admit, i felt bad for dan at this point because i know he was catching serious flak)
this deal was uncomfortable for me the whole 2 weeks.
met dan in person he seemed like a really nice guy,
i would do buisness with dan if it was a same day transfer, nice quality snakes
and a nice guy in person.
im all but sure if dan stepped up his response time and did his best to make peaple feel comfortable the whole way throught the deal
and maybe kept his wife from yelling when he was on the phone with customers
he would be a super guy to deal with.
i dont believe dan is a newbie... but if so these things are to be expected
i dont believe dan wuld rip anyone off and i believe he can be trusted
dont let this sway u from doing buisness with dan, im all but positive dan will step up his costomer service in the near future.
thanks for the snakes dan. maybe next time will go alot smoother.
Dallas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!