AVP (Alien vs Predator) - What did you think about it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
ragnew
AVP (Alien vs Predator) - What did you think about it?

Hey all,

I don't know about you, but I'd have to consider myself a pretty big sci-fi/horror movie buff and when I heard that AVP was finally making it's way to the big screen I was estatic!!!

So here's the question I ask you.... Has anyone else here watched the movie? If so what did you think of it?

I personally thought that it was a pretty good flick all things considered... I mean the special effects in the battle sequences, or parts that featured either Alien or Predator were GREAT! The movie was a pretty well made in my eyes!

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the Predators (these massive hunter type extra-terrestrials) were absolutley no match for the Alien species without their hi-tech weapons... That was kind of different!

But yeah, enough of what I've thought of the movie, what did you folks think about it!

It was good thats for sure, but I think 2003's Freddy vs Jason will stay at the top as far as the whole mixing of two movie series goes...

Old 08-24-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
Pug
I want to see it, but I keep putting it off.

I'm a horror buff, moreso than Sci Fi, unless its Star wars related, and even though I don't like the prequels all that much, I'm still a Star Wars lolipop... I mean, sucker. Freddy Vs Jason was sort of interesting. I'd say it was pretty good, considering a lot of the original movies' sequels were absolutely terrible. I should also note that I'm more of a fan of Itallian slasher flicks than the supernatural back-from-the-dead monster movies of America.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:06 PM   #3
USAGECKOS
I haven't seen it yet, I heard it wasn't that great because the only real fight seen between Predator and Alien was at the end. Is this true? If it is then I will just wait for it to come out on DVD, if it isn't then I want to see it NOW.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #4
ragnew
It is a pretty good movie Jeanne, the only down fall I found was how WEAK the Predators were compared to the Aliens...

I mean, it was almost like watching a group of lions tear apart a trio of hunters (with some accidental human casualities of course)!

Then, the remaining Predator finally gets his weapon, that's when we get to see the Predator's we all know and love!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #5
USAGECKOS
Ok...Ok

You've talked me into it, I will go see it. Nothing like a little butt kicking to get me moving!

Thanks!

Ok, did you see The Village? If so, what did you think of it? I was a little disappointed. I won't say more incase you didn't see it.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
ragnew
Hi Jeanne,

Nopers, didn't get to see The Village. I've heard that it did have a weird, okay, weak plot twist at the end... Something about people dressing up as monsters a things like that (don't know about you, but thats always scary...LOL).

So, did you finally was the Alien vs Predator? What did you think about it?

Old 09-04-2004, 02:40 AM   #7
Pug
I saw "The Village", but I didn't think too highly of it. The dressing up as monsters part is a pretty big theme actually, but the story telling is what I felt was "weak". It's more or less a movie with a point about morality and human nature. That's not a spoiler, it's just my view.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:21 AM   #8
TooManyBurmese
I saw it. I am a total wimp about scary movies, but I LOVED this one! (AVP). It was exactly as described, aliens verus predators. A lot of people were mad that the humans were picked off so easy and so fast, but it again it was Alien vs Predator, not Aliens, humans, and predators have a picnic!

The special effects were amazing. The plot was actually really good. I didn't mind that the Predators were weak. What makes them so tough? Sure they are super strong compared to humans, but they're not a monster race, they're a highly advanced one. The aliens are more animal like, they are simply BUILT to kill. Super speed, razor sharp claws, acidic saliva, night vision, and that TAIL! Whoohoo! The Predators have to depend on their weapons (and those are some awesome weapons!) because, what else do they have? Ugly mouths? She should have kissed him as he died, it was such a romantic moment!

Did anyone catch the last scene's hint? I REALLY hope they make another movie based on that character!

Old 09-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #9
ragnew
Sure did! That would be SWEET it they added that thing to either of the series!

Old 09-08-2004, 08:04 AM   #10
USAGECKOS
I didn't end up seeing AVP, I waited too long and I missed it. I will see it when it comes out on DVD.

Ok, how about The Exercist Beginnings, anybody see it? I missed that one too, of coarse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!