Adult Gilas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Jim O
Adult Gilas

I just picked these four adults up from Jim Peiffer in PA. I'm going to need to find a better way to secure their water bowls. Maybe PVC pipe couplers?

The first pair are from Joe Lewis (Rare Earth) from 1998.

The female:

The male:

The second pair are 2000's from Mark Seward.

The female:

The male:

Old 10-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #2
Junkyard
Those are beautiful, you definitely have a great set there. The first time I saw Gila's in person was at Applegate Reptiles. They always look better in person. Good luck with your breeding.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
Rebel Dragons
Very cool looking!!!

You don't ever worry about being bit?

Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Jim O
I wear thick gloves when I handle them. They do not have fangs or any means of injecting venom like venomous snakes do.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
Rebel Dragons
The Discovery channel had me fooled. They made it seem like they could bite through anything and that one bite meant certain death.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
Junkyard
That is the discovery channel for you. I spent time talking with Mark O'Shea, with the stories he told about discovery, you would understand their way of thinking, according to them the beaded lizard is a bearded dragon(he was not joking), if it is not incredibly dangerous than it is not that interesting so hype it up and make it fearsome.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #7
Jim O
If a healthy person gets a good bite from a Gila Monster or from a Beaded Lizard the might wish they were dead for a while, but likely will not die.

On another note, anyone ever see that movie about the giant Gila Monster? They used a Beaded Lizard.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #8
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
On another note, anyone ever see that movie about the giant Gila Monster? They used a Beaded Lizard.
I didn't see that one, but I did see the Disney movie "Holes". There were deadly desert lizards that attacked people. Fortunately, if you ate the onions that grew in the mountains, the dangerous lizards avoided you. The lizards were just bearded dragons. Disney... sheesh.

Very nice animals Jim! I just saw my first Gila in person at the show yesterday.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
Junkyard
No, I have not seen that one, though funny. I have Silent Predators, about rattlesnakes(that are not silent) killing people, best part is when they find their cave there is JCPs and corn snakes(and other nonvenemous snakes) instead of rattlesnakes

Old 10-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #10
Jim O
Here's the picture of the "star" of "Giant Gila Monster" which you can see is a Beaded Lizard.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!