UVB - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
mthompson2821
UVB

hi i have a question. for the first months or so, i make a rookie, rookie mistake. i only had a uva bulb for my young beardies, and didnt realize that uva and uvb are two different kinds of uv rays. anyway i was wondering if theres any chance that no uvb stunted their growth? i mean now i have both uva and uvb bulbs in there tank and they've always ate just fine and shed and acted like a normal beardie. its just i see some younger beardies out there alot bigger then my beardies and was just wondering if that was possible. thanks.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
redflea13
It could be bossible, They weren't processing enough calcium which they need to grow. Now that you have fixed the problem they may catch up.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
mthompson2821
oh ok. thanks. im using a reptiglo 10.0 UVB strip light in both of my tanks, i heard thats the right one to use, it seems to be working, i mean if they're shedding and everything they must be growing right? lol. its hard to tell cuz i see them everyday.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Stephies_Leos
Actually I have heard that the reptiglo 10 bulb is no good for your beardies and can actually harm them over a period of time. The reptisun 10 bulb is the best bulb to use for your dragons. I am sure someone else more knowledgable will explain what is bad about the reptiglo because I can't remember ..... lol Good luck !

Old 12-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
mthompson2821
oh really.? i thought it was just the repti-sun 10.0 compacts were bad, i thought the strip lights were fine. i dunno im sure someone will correct either me or you..lol but thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
Stephies_Leos
OK I went back and did my research just to make sure I wasn't telling you wrong. The Repti Glo 10 caused alot of eye problems in beardies when it first came out so it is not recommended to use. The Repti Glo 8 and Reptisun 10 are the recommended strip bulbs. And yeah you are right the compacts are terrible for beardies !

Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Tere Salazar
These are the two threads that Tracie started, discussing the testing results of the different bulbs. Hopefully, you can find your answers there.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=104473

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=106189

Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
mthompson2821
ohhh ok. thanks but can you tell me who makes the Repti-Glo strip lights? thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
Tere Salazar
According to quick Google search, ReptiGlo is made by Exo-Terra.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
Tere Salazar
**edit...sorry. According to **A** quick Google search...

Dang...I need more coffee.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!