Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
tejasranger
Question Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry)

Does anyone have any current feedback on TSE? I purchased 1.1 100% het for pied in the first part of January. I honored the payment plan that Chris was kind enough to offer me. I knew that the weather would be a factor in the timing of shipping, and I read his terms on the website. Having said that, I still haven't gotten the snakes. The weather has been optimal for shipping, for at least a couple of weeks. Someone named Glen replied to an email I sent around 4/7, and while he said the right things and assured me the only hold up was their concern for the snakes, and the number of orders they had to fill, my BS meter has started to raise an early warning signal. This posting is in no way meant to demean them, or to accuse them of any misdeed. I am just getting concerned, and would like some input from others who might have dealt with them recently.

Sincerely, Bob England

Old 04-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
SPJ
Chris used to post regularly on this site but hasn't now for several months.

I have several stories like yours recently where snakes were paid for awaiting shipment and even though the weather is OK now to ship, they still have not received anything.

I know he was injured at one point and that may have caused a backlog but his employees should be filling the orders in his absence.

I would be demanding a refund unless at this point. Waiting all this time and still not getting a firm ship date would concern me as well.

Have you given them a choice of either ship in the next week or issue a full refund?

Old 04-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Thumbs up chris johnson-TSE

I did a deal with chris last winter,he would not ship the ball pythons because of the cool weather.which was OK with me.you have to remember he is all the way up at the canada border,it gets warmer in texas alot sooner than it does where chris is.dont worry chris is a guy you can trust. ED CLARK

Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Ian S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Chris used to post regularly on this site but hasn't now for several months.

I have several stories like yours recently where snakes were paid for awaiting shipment and even though the weather is OK now to ship, they still have not received anything.

I know he was injured at one point and that may have caused a backlog but his employees should be filling the orders in his absence.

I would be demanding a refund unless at this point. Waiting all this time and still not getting a firm ship date would concern me as well.

Have you given them a choice of either ship in the next week or issue a full refund?
ahh yes here it is in black and white. Same scenario as mine just with a gecko and not a snake. Very sad and unfortunate, and again this took place last year.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #5
brianklein
Chris is a trustworthy individual. IMO you have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
HerpLuver
I've also dealt with top shelf exotics and Chris Johnson. From what i understand, Chris has been out for months, very ill. Pat and Glenn have been running the place, and with all the orders they usually receive, it's expected that there will be a bit of a delay in shipping. I understand your point of veiw that you really dont know them, and feel like your getting a run around. But i can ASSURE you 100% that you will receive your animals and in GREAT condition. They ship 100% professionally, and try to make sure everythings optimal for shipping. Again, because they receive so many orders, optimal time frames for them may be alot shorter than they seem for us.

Dont worry, your money's safe and sound and so are your animals. Just give them some time.

My question, whats the time frame from purchase till now?

Old 04-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
Ian S.
I also tried to purchase animal from TSE and waited supposedly for the weather to be ok. Well after two months of no word I finally made a post about having to wait and not being contacted at all. Come to find out the place is located in NY and I'm right here in MA. Weather conditions were absolutely perfect. I was however promptly given a refund after going public. The guy (Chris) @ top shelf exotics then turns around and says he couldn't ship due to himself catching pneumonia which I full well believe, and stated that I was insulting his hard working employees by going public so ummmm yeah why didn't the employees ship it? Chris however is very knowledgeable and I would say he has great animals but have never seen any in person. After reading this inquiry unfortunately I would have to scream con-artist.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #8
Ian S.
Just for the record this was last year.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
I just sent Chris a PM to the thread, Im sure he will be able to take care of this.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #10
brianklein
you beat me to it Wendy....
I was trying to send him the link to this thread ......
LOL