Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
RMreps
Thumbs down Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal?

I opened a basic classified ad account on Kingsnake.com about a month ago and Jeff Barringer terminated my account because he said I was in violation of his TOS. He said I was posting animals for someone else, was someone else, or was letting someone else use my account. With all 3 different variables, it seems like even he's unsure about his reasons for terminating my account. I politely asked for some sort of proof of this with no reply. He also said I forfeit what I paid for the classifieds, but offers no proof. My question is.....Is that legal? He won't refund my money OR reopen my account.

I sure am finding more and more people swaying from kingsnake.com which appears to be ran by an ego maniac and is flawed with hypocracy, politics, and a "good ol' boys" mind set. Feel free to add your opinions and advice.

Thanks,
Rich Montoya
RM Reps

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
MikeRusso
Before we begin a big debate over this issue, PLEASE answer this question 100% honestly...

Were you posting animals for someone else or was letting someone else use your account??

Be honest now!!!

~ Mike Russi

Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
RMreps
No!

I had posted animals that I had PURCHASED from someone who was banned awhile back, but they were my animals at that point. As far as I know, that is not violation of his TOS. I wasn't posting them for him. They were MINE. The person who I bought from keeps some of the nicest turtles and tortoises around and appears to have some very jealous fellow herpers on kingsnake so when I posted a radiated tortoise for sale here in CA, I got banned!! This reminds me of the equivelant scenario to the "soup nazi" on Seinfield.

Rich Montoya

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Cyano
Just fyi you will probably have to be able to post all email/correspondence and a proof of sale of the animals for this thread to go anywhere.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMreps View Post
I had posted animals that I had PURCHASED from someone who was banned awhile back, but they were my animals at that point. As far as I know, that is not violation of his TOS. I wasn't posting them for him. They were MINE. The person who I bought from keeps some of the nicest turtles and tortoises around and appears to have some very jealous fellow herpers on kingsnake so when I posted a radiated tortoise for sale here in CA, I got banned!! This reminds me of the equivelant scenario to the "soup nazi" on Seinfield.

Rich Montoya
Who is this person you are referring to in this post?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
bigman466
Iam going to say I totally agree with you Rich.I was banned myself from Kingsnake.This was a while back ,but I got a dead snow boa in the mail (DOA).The guy didn't want to refund my $3200 BUCKS.So I filled a dispute with my cc company.They wanted a copy of the ad.So I emailed KS to see if they had a database,an save there ad's.Emailed them waited 3 days got nothing.Emailed again waited 2 days again got nothing.Now in the mean time my cc company is waiting for this info an gave me a time limit to get this to them or they will close the case.An I will lose out on $3200 BUCKS.So I emailed them 22 times an finally got a reply.An I got my ad, But I got banned for spamming them ''so say''.I think we are in need of another site to take over.I think they are into there TOS a little to much.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #7
RMreps
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Who is this person you are referring to in this post?
webslave,

I had bought a few tortoises and surplus turtles from Barry Lambert(Spectrum Reptiles) here locally, but also bought a few animals from other folks as well so it wasn't just one person. I'm just a small private hobbyist and because I bought a few animals from a "banned" person now I'm banned? I can understand that if your charging for a site, you don't want a million people sharing the same account, but banning me just for doing business with another person is wrong and then keep my money?? It's only $100, but it's the principal. I only had the account a month or two. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my story and warn people that it seems as if you can get banned if you misspell a word in your ad. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Montoya

Old 10-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
KelliH
Been a kingsnake.com member since 1998, been selling animals through their classifieds since then, no issues ever.

Kingsnake.com is a privately owned website, just like this one. The owner/admin reserves the right to ban you at any time, for any reason.

I do feel you should receive a prorated refund for the money you paid for the classifieds posting, Unless maybe there is something in their TOS about them NOT issuing refunds when an acct. is banned.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMreps View Post
webslave,

I had bought a few tortoises and surplus turtles from Barry Lambert(Spectrum Reptiles) here locally, but also bought a few animals from other folks as well so it wasn't just one person. I'm just a small private hobbyist and because I bought a few animals from a "banned" person now I'm banned? I can understand that if your charging for a site, you don't want a million people sharing the same account, but banning me just for doing business with another person is wrong and then keep my money?? It's only $100, but it's the principal. I only had the account a month or two. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my story and warn people that it seems as if you can get banned if you misspell a word in your ad. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Montoya
In the interests of fairness and credibility, please explain the following possible coincidence...

Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
In the interests of fairness and credibility, please explain the following possible coincidence...
Oh, Dude is so busted!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!