Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #111
spyder79
so why not leave it alone until then instead of continuing to respond to each post on here basically trying to stir people into saying more. you dont poke at a pack of rabid dogs (which is what some folks on the boi remind me of) so just leave it alone until there is proof of your statements.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #112
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Barry was banned from KS for helping to smuggle turtles along with several other folks. They were busted by federal authorities. That is all publicly known information. Jeff has also been public on his stance that anyone caught doing/convicted of such things were NOT going to be allowed back on his site. It's fairly obvious that this guy's association with barry could be reasonably seen as barry using him as a middle man to try to sell animals on ks as a means to circumvent his ban especially when both folks are using the same IP address. It's easy to look up IPs in KS ads if you know where to look.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/cac/pres...r2007/067.html

http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/lo...hp?t50790.html
Wraith,

I can guarantee you that Rich's postings(IP's) on KS do not match mine.

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #113
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemillsap View Post
Barry I do know of others that have been in the same boat as you . It sucks all the way around. Actually I know of a few people who do tons of advertising on KS who have also been convicted of similar activities and are still aloud to use the service. (See "the Lizard King")
KS does seem to have an agenda, the owner seems to pick and choose. Maybe if you were showcased in a book highlighting your exploits you would be allowed also. Go figure.
Maybe it's personal. I don't make the rules. I would try and work it out with KS or just move on . Good luck in the future.
Kyle,

Thanks for a certain level of understanding on the issue. I just sent an email to a moderator here on the site explaining to him that I would have no problem sharing my story. Explain what happens from start to finish in those circumstances, and educate guys on all that, but I'm afraid there are just not enough people who would just read my story and come up with their own prognosis. I even asked Barringer to use me on the site as someone who would freely educate people on the way our current govt. works with buying animals overseas and the ramifications. Guess he didn't want that. I was always a "snake" guy and bought snakes here in the U.S. so there was never a need to buy overseas. I got into rare turtles and tortoises, was offered animals with NO money up front "on Kingsnake" and got in trouble for it. I'm a business owner, married, kids, homeowner, etc...and have been a choir boy until then. I didn't need to buy 9 reptiles overseas to pay my bills yet was accused by Barringer of running an illegal enterprise. 9 reptiles is hardly an enterprise. The whole experience was a NIGHTMARE which I would share with interested folks, but there are wolves in sheeps clothing in the world who would twist and lie just to make me look bad and put themselves on a pedestal. I'm just glad that there are some people out there who have known me for YEARS, heard my story, and now know what to think by hearing ALL the facts. Not just one side.

Thanks again,
Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #114
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
so why not leave it alone until then instead of continuing to respond to each post on here basically trying to stir people into saying more. you dont poke at a pack of rabid dogs (which is what some folks on the boi remind me of) so just leave it alone until there is proof of your statements.
Brian. Your absolutely right, but I'm getting different agenda's and topics thrown at me until the moderator can post his findings and I'm not the kinda guy who just stays quiet when I'm unfairly judged or attacked. Guess it's just a personal defect. ha ha..Stay tuned.

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #115
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
Chuck, Please look at the world around you before you make a mockery of the hobby and make yourself look like a big mouthed and over-opinionated reptile keeper. It's not very flattering.

Barry Lambert
LOL. So says the choir boy who got pinched in a smuggling racket.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #116
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post

Bill....Your just a retired guy who's not nothing better to do that live on here. Your opinions and attitude reflect so. I've received 2 private emails from folks saying the same thing, so your posts don't even count....HA HA HA!! Start playing golf or set up a wood shop in your garage would ya?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #117
lanceheads
Quote:
Bill....Your just a retired guy who's not nothing better to do that live on here. Your opinions and attitude reflect so. I've received 2 private emails from folks saying the same thing, so your posts don't even count....HA HA HA!! Start playing golf or set up a wood shop in your garage would ya?

A wood shop? Ah hahahaha, yep, he'll whittle you down to size!

ah, hahahahaha!

Randal Berry

Old 11-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #118
critical bill
Quote:

Sad that you've never mentioned a reason as to why you got banned until Wraith provided a very valid reason. I guess you wanted people here believe there was no reason at all for you to be banned. And so now that its out in the open you're willing to talk about that and educate people. You're such a great guy.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #119
spyder79
Quote:

Sad that you've never mentioned a reason as to why you got banned until Wraith provided a very valid reason. I guess you wanted people here believe there was no reason at all for you to be banned. And so now that its out in the open you're willing to talk about that and educate people. You're such a great guy.
why do you think that personal attacks on people constantly are ok on here. that is not what this site is designed for. if you are retired then you should have plenty of time to think up intelligent responses to posts instead of just constantly pushing arguments further and further. seems to me you act more like a 17 year old high school girl than a retired adult man. Get a life or a second hobby. Something that will occupy you. People wonder why the boi may be going away and the sad part is all they have to do is look at members like you and they have their answer.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #120
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:

Chuck....I am not a retailer with a ton of animals to sell like most of the people on KS. I wanted to give Rich the opportunity to have fun with the hobby. Get off your soapbox Chuck. I'll bet you haven't done enough for the reptile community to put you on it. Instead you just sit on here and bash everyone because your obviously bored and miserable. I was open about it on KS if you cared to read the entire post and didn't hide from anything, including you. It's in the past so what is the point in talking about it years later on here and subjecting myself to guys like you? I offered to share my experience with interested people who want to learn something. Nothing more. It's also guys like you who are preventing this site from becoming the #1 used reptile site and allows KS(Barringer) to sit back and laugh at all this BS. Good work!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!