Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #141
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Barry, if you want to share those facts - this thread is not the place to do it
Sorry Harald. I understand. I'm done and not going to share anything because it's like a bunch of children who have their minds made up, think they know everything, and want to bully in order to make themselves look more righteous. Again, sorry, I'll leave it at that, and I'm done also.........

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #142
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
why do you think that personal attacks on people constantly are ok on here. that is not what this site is designed for. if you are retired then you should have plenty of time to think up intelligent responses to posts instead of just constantly pushing arguments further and further. seems to me you act more like a 17 year old high school girl than a retired adult man. Get a life or a second hobby. Something that will occupy you. People wonder why the boi may be going away and the sad part is all they have to do is look at members like you and they have their answer.
Sorry, but this time (which has been rather rare lately) I have to side with Chuck. These are not PERSONAL issues at all being brought up and elaborated on. These are concerns having to do with BUSINESS transactions in the past concerning actions by a webmaster of another site, and also, by inference, choices people may want to make in the future concerning direct sales from the target of the question. There was an incident in the past that the courts deemed as illegal, and quite likely people would want to know more about those details in relation to the topic of this thread.

I have stated in the recent past that I am determined to cut back the amount of PERSONAL attacks and such that take place on the BOI, so trust me, if I agreed with this assessment, Chuck would likely already be banned right now. But I have read this thread, and although I would prefer it to be a bit less antagonistic, unfortunately the topic matter involved is going to inevitably force the discussion into that direction.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #143
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but this time (which has been rather rare lately) I have to side with Chuck. These are not PERSONAL issues at all being brought up and elaborated on. These are concerns having to do with BUSINESS transactions in the past concerning actions by a webmaster of another site, and also, by inference, choices people may want to make in the future concerning direct sales from the target of the question. There was an incident in the past that the courts deemed as illegal, and quite likely people would want to know more about those details in relation to the topic of this thread.

I have stated in the recent past that I am determined to cut back the amount of PERSONAL attacks and such that take place on the BOI, so trust me, if I agreed with this assessment, Chuck would likely already be banned right now. But I have read this thread, and although I would prefer it to be a bit less antagonistic, unfortunately the topic matter involved is going to inevitably force the discussion into that direction.
Webslave,

At this point all I'm waiting for is a moderator to confirm that Richard exists and is NOT me. This is what the first post was about anyway. As with most local transactions, my sales to Rich were cash so I cannot "prove" he bought animals from me. I will refrain from discussing my PAST or giving input on any past, present, or future legal issues regarding reptiles. This only hurts the people who wanted to be informed about the reptile world around them seen through my eyes and I will just continue to push Fauna as a great site for folks to buy/sell their herps.

Thanks,
Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #144
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but this time (which has been rather rare lately) I have to side with Chuck. These are not PERSONAL issues at all being brought up and elaborated on.
Thank you sir. I'm not out to personally attack anyone on this site. I'm trying my best to stay within the rules of this site because I don't want to be banned. But more so because I can appreciate what you're trying to accomplish. I made a promise to you a while back that I would help support your goals for the BOI and fauna in general, and I really did mean it. I get easily carried away sometimes, but that doesn't mean I think you're a jerk and what you're trying to accomplish a joke. I just get carried away.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #145
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
At this point all I'm waiting for is a moderator to confirm that Richard exists and is NOT me.
Harald already stated that he knows Rich is a separate person, so to that extent I do sincerely apologize to both Rich and you. I had reason to believe other wise, now I do not.

Harald also stated he was waiting on something else or another to provide about Rich. What that is I don't know. It may mean that I owe you and Rich an even larger apology. We'll see.

I guess the only thing left to say is good luck to you in your efforts to recruit members over to fauna. The classified sections could certainly use a boost, as your expertise would also certainly be a welcome addition to many of the discussion forums. Your past is your past, and while I may not like it, I certainly don't have to live with it. You'll get no more grief from me about that.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #146
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Harald already stated that he knows Rich is a separate person, so to that extent I do sincerely apologize to both Rich and you. I had reason to believe other wise, now I do not.

Harald also stated he was waiting on something else or another to provide about Rich. What that is I don't know. It may mean that I owe you and Rich an even larger apology. We'll see.

I guess the only thing left to say is good luck to you in your efforts to recruit members over to fauna. The classified sections could certainly use a boost, as your expertise would also certainly be a welcome addition to many of the discussion forums. Your past is your past, and while I may not like it, I certainly don't have to live with it. You'll get no more grief from me about that.
Wholly smoke Chuck! I don't know what to think about you at this point. You render me defenseless finally. Thank you! I do appreciate your tenacity though.(Reminds me of me a little, only different..ha ha) I work with a few rare(LEGALLY acquired species..ha ha) and enjoy this hobby and most of the people. I've been around for quite sometime and not some young guy who did something stupid and was in and out of the hobby for greed. I spend a TON more on my animals each month than I make. All I asked was for people not to judge a guy who was looking to be a "smuggler". 9 reptiles didn't make me a smuggler. It made me kid in a candy store who was tempted. Some folks are tempted with other things in life. Mine at the time was reptiles. Had I known I was going to face the issues I did, I NEVER would have subjected my family to that. I didn't do it for the money like some have. There are more people out there like me, but don't say anything because of embarrassment. I don't fault them for that. I wanted to speak out for many different reasons, but will refrain. All I can tell you is that on the surface, govt & enforcement appears to be doing the "right thing" and "Saving the world" but many times that's just not the case. I learned ALOT from my experience and wanted to share it so that my peers would benefit, not hang me. That's all. Below is a link and perfect example of what we are ALL facing as reptile enthusiasts. Don't forget it!! I urge everyone to read it(even the comment below from Mr. Santhuff). What happened here is MUCH worse(IMO) than me buying 9 CITES II animals from overseas. Many times these turtles they are supposed to protect end up dying in enforcements care. All they had to do was order the guy NOT to sell or give any away, take a full inventory, and force him to hold everything til their investigation was over. There was no need to confiscate them, ultimately dying in their care.(See my point? It's not about the animals)

http://www.ajc.com/ajccars/content/m...e_lawsuit.html

*Moderators/webmaster: Please forgive me if I'm not supposed to post any links on the BOI. I'm still learning the ropes. I'm looking forward to CONTRIBUTING to Fauna as much as I did at KS(which still uses the video of my Impressed Tortoises on their homepage..ha ha...gotta love it).

Regards,
Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #147
greenfiremajick
My level of respect for you, just rose tremendously, Chuck (Not that you need my approval, but I wanted to let you know I'm impressed with your willingness to be a man and aplogize when apologies are due).

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post

Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #148
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
Webslave,

At this point all I'm waiting for is a moderator to confirm that Richard exists and is NOT me. This is what the first post was about anyway. As with most local transactions, my sales to Rich were cash so I cannot "prove" he bought animals from me. I will refrain from discussing my PAST or giving input on any past, present, or future legal issues regarding reptiles. This only hurts the people who wanted to be informed about the reptile world around them seen through my eyes and I will just continue to push Fauna as a great site for folks to buy/sell their herps.

Thanks,
Barry
You are welcome to provide input on this topic within other relevant forums on this site. It's just that such topic matter is really not releveant within THIS particular thread. Now if you were defending yourself in a thread about YOURSELF on the BOI, then that would be a completely different kettle of fish. Or if you decided to start your own thread in the business forum, well, that would be acceptable as well.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #149
Ed Clark
Quote:
why do you think that personal attacks on people constantly are ok on here. that is not what this site is designed for. if you are retired then you should have plenty of time to think up intelligent responses to posts instead of just constantly pushing arguments further and further. seems to me you act more like a 17 year old high school girl than a retired adult man. Get a life or a second hobby. Something that will occupy you. People wonder why the boi may be going away and the sad part is all they have to do is look at members like you and they have their answer.

Brian do you know what the word hypocritical means?

I will ask you what you have just asked of others.

Quote:
why do you think that personal attacks on people constantly are ok on here.
This is what you posted just yesterday,
Now this is your personal attack.
Quote:
is business that bad for you man that you feel the need to be a utter prick? stay on your own posts man.
This has been a rather calm debate about the facts on this thread, no real personal attacks as you stated. the 2 people typing from the same computer somewhat tilts it all as to being made up by 1 person...but the facts are coming out.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #150
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post
My level of respect for you, just rose tremendously, Chuck (Not that you need my approval, but I wanted to let you know I'm impressed with your willingness to be a man and aplogize when apologies are due).
Ditto.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!