Inquiry Ballpythonmorphs96@yahoo.com - Something smells fishy... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Labinnah
Ballpythonmorphs96@yahoo.com - Something smells fishy...

Now, I'll start off by saying I'm not involved with ball pythons generally, and really don't know many people who are, but this whole conversation struck me as very strange, so I'm putting it out here for those who do work with the animals.

I was browsing my local Craigslist just to waste some time and came across someone who was selling (adopting out, whatever they call it on Craigslist now), ball pythons, their add included several pictures of high white pieds and an ivory. That alone seemed strange enough, and with the seller's city was listed as only being about half an hour from mine, and there was no prices on the ad, curiosity got the best of me and I sent an e-mail.

The following is the conversation that we had over the course of the past few days, starting with his initial response to my inquiry on prices. I admit to leading him, but the whole thing just stunk so strange that I wanted to see how far it went. And heck, for the prices he was asking for these, I might've actually gone for it if I wasn't so certain it was a scam

----
from Ball Python <ballpythonmorphs96@yahoo.com>
to me
date Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM
subject ballpython snakes for sale

hello
thanks for the inquiry that is my price list for my ball pythons. do get back so that we can discuss on how delivery can proceed. where are you located???? how soon do you want the pythons??
Albino Ball Pythons ............ 450 $
Axanthic ....................... 450 $
Piebald ball python..............500$
black pastel ................... 350$
Black Tin ........................ 350$
Bumblebee ....................... 300$
Cinnamon pastel ................. 450$
Clown ........................... 450$
Fire ........................... 350$
Firefly ........................ 400$
Honey Bee ...................... 350$
Ivory .......................... 400$
Lemon Blast .................... 450$
Pinstripe ...................... 300 $
Super Blast .................... 325 $
Super Pastel ................... 350 $
spotted ball python .............. 400 $
less platinum ................... 550 $
Mojave .......................... 350 $
caramel ........................ 350 $
Snow ........................... 550$
Ghost .......................... 357 $
Spider ......................... 350 $
normal ......................... 300$
yellow belly ................... 350 $

--
from me
to Ball Python <ballpythonmorphs96@yahoo.com>
date Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:21 PM
subject Re: ballpython snakes for sale

Hi there, I'm interested in piebald and ivories. I'm in Irving, TX, can you tell me where you're located? Do you have any photos of the ivories? How old are they, and what're they currently feeding on?

Thank you!

--

to me
date Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:35 AM

hello,
i am a breeder located in Chicago but i do have shops in LA and texas; but currently i am now in chicago and i intentionally choose to close my show since i am now in a breeding farm to make sure that i raise some good bred.
i have piebald and ivories . so how many do you want and also i do sell them in pairs to reduce transportation cost as i pair two in each electronic styro box but of the same species. most of my breed are defrost feeder;
like i told you i am a breeder with lot of snakes and have adults, sub adults and babies. since we are not open to visitors i strictly insist you make your choice.
due to marital disturbance and certain issue not to out stand in the business because of the present of other breeders we have decided to make the choice and do sent pictures.
hope to read from you soon

--

from me
to Ball Python <ballpythonmorphs96@yahoo.com>
date Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I'm looking for 1.1 pied, and 1.1 ivory, can you give me an estimate on cost? What is shipping to 75038? I'd like to find sub-adults, but hatchlings are fine as well, I doubt I could afford adults. I'd love to see more photos if you have them, thank you!

--------

Now, at this point the prices already surprised me a little, as well as the reveal that he actually was not located in Texas at all, which made it very strange that he was selling on local Craigslist with a specific city listed. I'd done some digging right away and saw that his prices for the pieds and ivories were about half the going rate. He also hadn't sent me any photos other than the ones included with the Craigslist ad.

-----

to me
date Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM

hello,
thanks for the mail. for the total will give you 1800 dollars including shipping.
that is for 4 pythons and i have vow that any one that take up to four snakes will have one additional snake of his choice. so i will be sending you 5 snakes. that is sub adults.. sub adults are the best because it is from sub adults that snakes get use to the society . i will make u have them at the price of 1800 $.

as for delivery i will need the following from you.
your names
your city
post code
house address
phone number
closest airport.
i will prefer delivery directly to your house so that i can be sure that you get your animals .
also when you get the animals at your home please sent me a mail.
as concern payment i shall follow my business ethics. that is delivery is after payment have been done.
as for the photos i have send an agent to go and take some snap shots. i hope you will not mind. but my wife is best at making selections.
my customers can testified that.

-----

Dang, $1800 shipped for not four, but five ivory and pied ball pythons?? You know what they say about something being too good to be true. I'm going to keep talking to him to see where this goes, but I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this person, and if so, what is is that they're up to.

Thank you!

Old 08-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Shadera
Sounds like a scam for sure.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
At times the sentence structure was hard to read. Some of the morphs that he listed was pretty much right on the money price wise.

Between the english and his highest end morphs being way to low... Id be hesitant.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
generalexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post

Old 08-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post

Old 08-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
At times the sentence structure was hard to read. Some of the morphs that he listed was pretty much right on the money price wise.

Between the english and his highest end morphs being way to low... Id be hesitant.
Him wanting more money for the lesser platty then anything thing else is iffy imo.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Labinnah
Haha, well, that's certainly what I was thinking And "he" just got back to me, I'd sent a phony name and address along after starting this thread (at this point I'm not willing to give this person real information for obvious reasons) and this was what they just e-mailed a moment ago -

---

to me
date Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Right now we can proceed. i shall drive straight to the delivery company and make a reservation for delivery.
here is my data
NAMES : LEANNE LEDBETTE
CITY : CHICAGO IL
ADDRESS : 125 S .JEFFERSON , CHICAGO IL
POSTAL CODE : 60661
test question : A
test answer ; B
you can use the services of western union since i will just need to pick up the money and pay for the delivery as soon as possible.
when you transfer the money do get back to me with MTCN and senders names.
mean while i will have to drive right now to the delivery company while my wife do the selection.
i will provide you with an electronic styro boxes that are well ventilated.

-----

Yep, Western Union. I think the case is closed.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Can you post the headers to the emails. It would be interesting to see if they are originating out of Africa and not in Chicago. Just the header for the last email will do where he asks for Western Union.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Southern Wolf
and can someone tell me what an electronic styro box is. I ship my animals in boxes with styro insulation... but where does the electronic play into this?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
generalexotics
Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labinnah View Post
Yep, Western Union. I think the case is closed.
Favorite payment method of the scammers! Case closed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!