Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #101
KNOBTAIL
I would like to stick to the facts

as well. I can safely assume that Top Shelf is a business, not a corp. which makes anyone of the principles and all the principles liable for any monetary loss. Basically: personally liable for any financial obligations. The fact that Chris may have decided to take an indefinite sick leave, is no excuse for any financial woes that Top Shelf may encounter. Also, proof of continued ownership can easily be determined by who signs the check, what bank they are affiliated with, and whose terminal obligation is it for the charge cards ( including paypal) This will tell the story.

It becomes very self serving to distance oneself from a failing operation. But let us be optimistic. If the sellers were smart, they would refund those monies that they are holding onto and eliminate the bad press in order to salvage whatever little credibility they as well as Chris has in Top Shelf.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #102
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
If people would ask these questions on Fauna, do you think they would be removed? They might go unanswered or directed to where they could be answered..
For one I dont have an answer to your question because i know of no instance where anyone had a complaint on one of rich's other business and was brought here. So there is no precidence to go by.

Quote:
If you have a consumer reports section then you should expect that anyone that has had bad dealings with that business to post their complaints there.
As i am the modeator there and am pretty much given a free hand to regulate what goes on there I do what i feel is in the sites best interest at all times. I do believe badmouthing TSE.com on the forums is in bad taste and remove such posts accordingly. So maybe I am a bad guy here too in your eyes for not allowing something like that to happen there, but i do what i think is the right thing to do.

Quote:
From what I have seen of Rich is that he confronts and answers the questions or problems, we may not like the answer, but he will answer..

Yes he does confront any issues about this site and answers them accordingly which i will do as well at the TSE forums with anything involving the forums there.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #103
HerpLuver
Mr. Bonn (since we've resorted to formalities) im sorry you found sarcasm in my post, and after reading it myself i felt it too. It wasnt meant that way, as i did state though i would be almost 100% sure. It's my opinion of how i think Rich would handle things.

We all know what they say about opinions...

Old 04-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #104
nicolai
No problem Chris, maybe i am just to emotional right now and am taking things a little bit too much to heart. I just hope everything is straightened out in the end and everyone comes out happy one way or another. We as a reptile family and community always hate to see another one of the good guys questioned about thier business dealings and such and wish it to come out for the best as there are too many bad guys out there now.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #105
Cat_72
As far as the fact that TSE's TOS states shipping will be in 1-3 days, this is what I received from them in an email acknowledging my purchase:

Quote:
Thank you for your recent purchase, this message is to confirm the receipt of your payment. Once weather improves to allow safe live delivery you will be contacted to arrange delivery. In the mean-time we ask that you please provide us with all pertinent details such as shipping address, day and night contact telephone numbers, and anything else you may feel will assist us in processing your order. We will be sure to contact you before shipping your order to ensure a member of your household or business is present to sign for your delivery, a requirement for such a delivery. We also recommend that all customers check with FedEx to ensure that no “signature waivers” are on file for the place of delivery, such a waiver will void any and all guarantees even if the parcel is signed for. Such a waiver will not allow confirmation of said signature so it is quite important that you check this prior to delivery. We thank you for your patience, we’ll contact you once conditions become optimal for your shipment. Take care!
It would have been nice to know they were going to hold the purchase for possibly several months BEFORE I sent them my money, but to a certain extent (being from the frozen tundra of Iowa) I can understand not wanting to make shipments in the dead of winter. The dead of winter is long past.

It also would have been nice to know that I would be dealing with someone other than Chris. I based my purchase on CHRIS'S reputation, and the fact that I have purchased from CHRIS before.

I can't help but think that if you are THAT backlogged, it would make sense to stop advertising for more sales (time to post Kindsnake ads, but not answer emails?) and just get caught up on the sales you have already made.

I don't know.....I am truly sorry Chris is ill, but if the business was to keep running without him, there were a whole lot of things that could and should have been done MUCH differently. I could be doing a lot better things with the money I sent than having to wait and wonder.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #106
ravensgait
You have to wonder if this thread were about some other business- What would Chris IE TSE say here about all this?? Yet this thread is about him and his business and he is sick?? OK but I know if I were sick and this were about my Business I'd either drag myself to the computer or have one of my Partners and or employees setting the record straight and taking care of all these complaints.Yet TSE is Mum on this subject other than the owner saying he has nothing to do with any of this(Comment reminds me of some energy company in Texas and we know how that went)

Now we hear that this happened last year(long delays in shipping) but no one posted much about it. Would have been nice if someone would have posted about it but then I understand why some didn't want too IE get blasted here by Chris and his buds.

Without any word from TSE no one will know what is going on here(But it sure don't look good) Randy

Old 04-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #107
v2rherp
wow long thread.. just curious, has anyone proved out hets from TSE? not trying to start anything just curious.

vaughn

Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #108
tejasranger
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rherp
wow long thread.. just curious, has anyone proved out hets from TSE? not trying to start anything just curious.

vaughn

Very good question, I would like to hear from someone as well?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #109
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rherp

vaughn
Vaughn, I have been wondering that for the last 2 years!

Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #110
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Vaughn, I have been wondering that for the last 2 years!
Well now that everyone else has brought it up, I am wondering this too. I have heard talk that TSE wholesales/resells. When I questioned them recently (I almost made a purchase of an '05 het albino trio) this is how it went (ignore the part about CB, I must have been tired):

me: Some questions for you on the 100% het albino trios. Are the snakes all 05s? Were they CB? If not bred at TSE were they acquired from a reputable breeder? How are genetics verified? Thanks in advance!

glen: Of course they are captive bred. There is no such thing as an imported or wild caught het albino specimen. Of course it is possible but in order to be considered a het specimen it must be a specimen produced in captivity from an observed genetic pairing. Remaining specimens are 05’s and all specimens ship with individually signed photographic documents stating genetics. At this time we have enough specimens in stock to fill one final trio order. If not making an immediate purchase we suggest checking back before placing an order in the future to see if they are still available. We do not anticipate the few females remaining to last very long. We hope you have a pleasant day, thanks for contacting Top Shelf Exotics.Take care.

me: My biggest question was if you dont produce them, how can you be sure that they are 100%? Thanks Glenn! (I ASKED THIS QUESTION BECAUSE OF THE RUMORS I HAD HEARD)

glen: We never stated we did not produce them. We do not sell other peoples bp morphs. Take care

In Glen's defense, he was quick to email me back multiple times. I am not sure what to think at this point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!