Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #111
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38

glen: Of course they are captive bred. There is no such thing as an imported or wild caught het albino specimen. Of course it is possible but in order to be considered a het specimen it must be a specimen produced in captivity from an observed genetic pairing.

If you import a adult gravid female Albino(has happened many times) , and lays a clutch , eggs hatch . and all the babies look normal. Wouldn't you call them hets??? I would......

Derek Federico

Old 04-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #112
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
If you import a adult gravid female Albino(has happened many times) , and lays a clutch , eggs hatch . and all the babies look normal. Wouldn't you call them hets??? I would......

Derek Federico
Umm..yeah! Of course I wanted to ask all questions possible and yes it is possible. So I'm not as stupid as I thought I was when I thought...Exactly..

Old 04-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #113
Greg Riso
Payment Method?

Without getting into what's going on with TSE or Chris I have the following question for Bob England. Regardless of the fact that TSE's TOS says money cannot be refunded, why can't you just dispute the charge on your credit card, paypal payment, or what have you, since you HAVE NOT RECEIVED WHAT YOU PAID FOR? I should think you have every right to have any payment you've made reversed. Their TOS don't mean squat in the real world where people are supposed to get a product or service for monies paid. I'm sure NY consumer protection laws supercede TSE TOS.
You've gone the BOI route but if you are not assured by TSE that your animals will be shipped out ASAP, I'd start taking your case to another level if you haven't already. What date is the most recent update you've received concerning the status of your shipment?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #114
Chameleon Company
I do not know Chris personally.

We have communicated at times, and he has been a customer of mine. Most of my opinions of him have been drawn from what I have read here, of him and by him, in the past.

As to the concerns about clear communications, timely shipments, excuses and hiding behind "extended" TOS claims rather than issue a refund, none of it sounds good, and there are no excuses for this poor service. I cannot point to a reason for optimism, as others have also indicated. I would hope that they are able to fix your specific situation. One thing that my instincts tell me with more certainty than I wish I could claim is that whatever the reason, it is not because they have been "too busy". That dog won't hunt.

Chris valued his reputation mightily. While some thought him at times brash, he was conscientious and trustworthy. That his current situation has compelled him to be in a situation where he had to let go of so much that he worked so long for, and now accept priorities in a way none of us envy, is a small tragedy in itself. Several big things unraveling all at once. I wish Chris godspeed in his recovery, and hope that he can get things back to where he would desperately want them if he were healthy.

Bob, I have no advice to offer, except to keep trying. I can guarantee that Chris does not want things to be as they are now. On a side note to all, if you pray, throw a thought Chris' way.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:15 AM   #115
Junkyard
This is a sad thread on TSE. At this point, I am happy I did not purchase from them when I had the chance to and I almost did. The lack of communication from them up to not shipping out orders, yet still taking money, I would have been here long ago with an ADHD episode. TSE, you need to prioritize things and get it together first before continuing the business.

The excuse of having to many orders is a bunch of fooey. I know of a company that owns two stores the size of port-a-pottys and they are probably the busiest reptile business out there. They do not make excuses of being over whelmed with orders. TSE, you need to take a few management courses before you except any more money for orders you are not going to fulfill in 1-3 days(per your TOS) from purchase.

If you refuse to ship during witner, maybe you should not be selling animals during that time.

Chris, get well. If you were the one who was in contact with Randy with his purchase, then it is your problem to deal with alongside the current management.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 AM   #116
The BoidSmith
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Alvaro Garcia'
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 11:45 PM
Subject: RE: Black blood female

Yes, we have female black bloods available as of this message. Take care.

Glenn
[quote]

Eleven days later we received the following:

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: agarcia@itctel.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:03 AM
Subject: Shipment

Shipping Department of Top Shelf Exotics sent Dan Garcia a Priority Overnight Package.

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 26OCT05.

The tracking number(s) are: 792563365335

To track this shipment online click on the following link:
https://www.fedex.com/Tracking?track...&cntry_code=us
I’m not sure when all this started but on as you can tell it took only 11 days from the initial inquiry, selection process to the actual shipment. Chris himself was responsible for choosing the animal and sending the pictures. At that point in time I couldn't be happier with their service as they took the time to sex through all the bloods to find the last female available. There’s no doubt something seemed happened after that.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:44 AM   #117
Dennis Hultman
I’m not going to try and make excuses here for Chris or TSE and I hope my statements will not be taken as such. I’m disappointment in the statement Chris has made in regards to his responsibility here. As bad as it sounds, I hope he is extremely sick and bed ridden, which is why he has chosen to reply that he has no responsibility in this matter.

If I were in Bob’s shoes I would be extremely upset at the way this has come about and probably be here posting, if I thought I was getting the shaft.

Now, I don’t know what happened last year but I did read every thread pertaining to Chris and the two complaints about unanswered emails is all there is in the record here. The two people complaining later decided to make purchases and made good guy reports for TSE and Chris. Some posting on this thread now, say there was problems last year but reported that the transactions went flawless without one single problem.

Here is where I’m going to go against the grain here. As on KS thread before it was deleted and here people have started to drop in with this bull.

Quote:
After reading this inquiry unfortunately I would have to scream con-artist
Chris can be somewhat forthright no doubt, but a con-artist? The same guy who has donated his time, funds, resources and animals to help several people that have been devastated by tragedies within our community and elsewhere.

Not one single “bad guy thread” was accusing him of theft but bad communication beforehand and multiple upon multiple good guy reports. I’m not prepared to call Chris a thief.

The good guy posts and his high trader rating doesn’t negate his responsibilities here but if he is truly incapacitated he shouldn’t be written-off the way this thread is going. I’m hoping he was a little delusional when he made his post about having no responsibility.

Chris needs to get well and return to this thread and refund the people that desire it and/or ship their animals ASAP.

I viewed the thread on KS again before it was deleted and got a kick out of that post about it being too cliquey here for it to be fair. I think the BOI has proven time and time again that no matter your reputation the situation will be examined and the facts will come out.
All of us seem to be in agreement that Bob is due satisfaction and everyone else waiting for their animals or funds.

I fully expect them (TSE and/or Chris) to provide the correct animals including year of animal paid for to every single customer that has purchased from them. Chris should be held responsible for those transactions that have occurred while he still has ownership of his company Period! If he has transferred ownership he needs to provide proof of the date of transfer if he is going to absolve himself from liability.

I’m not going to cut him slack on trying to get out of doing what’s right but
I do believe that Chris will make things right. I don’t want to see another “Good Guy” go down this road but if I'm wrong, I will not put blinders on and ignore the facts, if the situation isn't corrected.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #118
tejasranger
Contacted today by TSE

Sales @ TSE (Pat or Glenn) contacted me today asking for shipping information. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday. Let's see if this happens. I will be sure and post the outcome, Thurs. evening. Thanks for your support.
Sincerely, Bob England

Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #119
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasranger
Sales @ TSE (Pat or Glenn) contacted me today asking for shipping information. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday. Let's see if this happens. I will be sure and post the outcome, Thurs. evening. Thanks for your support.
Sincerely, Bob England

Bob,
I hope for the best for you. And I admire that you were patient, but then took a stand when that needed to be done to get the critters you paid for.
I wonder about all the rest of the people who are not so verbal, what will happen to them?
The BOI has proven itself time and time again as a way to publicize transactions either good or bad and give the rest of us an idea of how a particular company measures up.
Personally, if I have to wait and wait and wait and then get on a board and air my woes just to have the privilege of buying a critter, I'd just as soon go someplace else.
I hope that your case is an abberation and that future transactions by the now ChrislessTSE will be handled promptly and smoothly, time will tell.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:47 AM   #120
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasranger
Sincerely, Bob England

Bob,

Hope it works out for you and you get what you expected! Good luck..

Jamie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!