Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #121
Greg Riso
In My Post

Dennis, If you noticed, I refrained from ever saying Chris or TSE was trying to scam anyone because I never believed that to be the case. I just think without Chris being there to supervise and run the operation it seems like the service/performance slipped a bit to say the least. How many businesses have fallen apart when a major player unexpectedly suddenly steps out of the picture? If they ship to Robert as planned it sounds like they are making an honest effort to redeem themselves and hopefully they will make a genuine effort to catch up with late shipments to others as well.
My comment about disputing payment was advice I'd offer anyone in a similar situation to follow as recourse to settling non-shipment of goods when they are unreasonably late with no promised delivery date in sight.
I sincerely wish Chris a full and speedy recovery and for TSE to maintain the good name Chris worked so hard to build. Sounds like TSE is on the road to recovery if they follow through as planned and not let this type of situation occur in the future.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #122
Chris@TSE
As I said before they are doing their best to get caught up despite being quite overwhelmed. I would love nothing more than to return but at this time it is simply not a possibility. To set things straight there has been no change of ownership nor has any decision been made on the topic yet. I am not up for the stresses involved in the business currently and have been advised by my physician to take a step back from things while I undergo the appropriate treatments and procedures. If and when I recover to a capacity fit for daily operations I will then discuss such topics and we will go from there. If I am unsuited to return I will then consider alternatives.

I appreciate the well wishes from those of you who have extended them. I apologize for not making my departure a public announcement but frankly my personal life and health is no ones business but mine. If I had wanted the world to know the extent of my illness I would have done so...

Those who think I should be making an effort to return or address these matters can simply "shove off" as you speak with no knowledge of the situation at hand nor details on my current condition. This particular mudslinging and stress is exactly what I am supposed to be avoiding and I have no intentions of playing any child's games at the moment. I'll deal with those of you when I am able to do so. You can count on it.

As for Mr. England, I must apologize as I did indeed field your incoming call when you placed your order. I believe you were one of the last people I had conversed with before departing and I do apologize that matters were not satisfactory in my absence. I would have been present to deal with these matters if given an opportunity but unfortunately it was not in the cards I was dealt. I do hope Pat and Glenn correct this matter to your satisfaction as I did not wish delays on anyone but it was not anticipated. Those of you who wish to continue speaking as if you actually believe you know what situation we were presented with can spare your precious breath. At any time I am sure I'll be more than willing to allow you to fork over the funds to cover the costs encountered feeding and housing all of our pending orders during the past winter. I am sure you will then sing a very different tune. Many of you may think you know what these guys are dealing with but honestly you have not a single clue. I feel quite bad I have been unable to assist them in managing this situation better, I only hope they recover from it quickly and efficiently and there is a TSE remaining for me to return too. I put my life into creating TSE. Thousands of spectacular customers and friends made through the years, if anyone thinks I enjoy watching what is happening now they are dead wrong. Unfortunately I am forced to turn a blind eye to the situation for healths sake. You try doing the same.... You have no idea how hard it has been. If TSE is alive and well when I return, great. I will pick up the remaining pieces, make the appropriate changes, and do what I must to make my customers happy. I just hope they continue to do their very best making good on the sales they have made in my absence. They were apparently made aware of this thread by Mr. Robert England via a very rude message sent via email. They share my same opinion as there are more important things to do than to play with you folks.... Like shipping orders. For those of you who have offered assistance I thank you multiple times over. You folks are fantastic, it is greatly appreciated. For those of you who have been less than productive so to speak, I will save my expletives for a latter date.

Hope all of you are well, I'll see you again in good time. Take care.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #123
Chris@TSE
[quote=The BoidSmith]
Quote:

Eleven days later we received the following:

I’m not sure when all this started but on as you can tell it took only 11 days from the initial inquiry, selection process to the actual shipment. Chris himself was responsible for choosing the animal and sending the pictures. At that point in time I couldn't be happier with their service as they took the time to sex through all the bloods to find the last female available. There’s no doubt something seemed happened after that.

Thank you Dan. Glenn processed and took your order and it was my pleasure to select the animal for you. At that time I was "on my way out" spending weeks at a time at home and returning for a period of one to three days at a time when I thought I was able to do so. Apparently I was wrong and only made matters worse for myself. Hopefully I'll return soon and I can begin cleaning house so-to-speak.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #124
Dennis Hultman
Hoping the best for you Chris! Take Care.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #125
SPJ
Quote:
They share my same opinion as there are more important things to do than to play with you folks....
Chris I realize you are not well but replies like this will only lead to potential customers going somewhere else to make a purchase. Shipping delays, lack of communication, and comments like that can have a very negative effect on TSE.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #126
Chris@TSE
That is fine by me. My health at this moment is much more valuable without question, that will never change and at this moment my priorities are very appropriate. I am sure my priorities will change as my circumstances change.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #127
SPJ
Good luck with the recovery.

Hopefully the crew at TSE will get all caught up and put this behind them.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #128
KNOBTAIL
Chris

just out of curiosity, where does the responsibility lie on a day to day basis with Top Shelf. I can assume that even with your absence, you are a principle of the business and eventually whether your in good health or not, you are liable regardless of the fact that you are not present .

My other question is considering that you seem to have temporarily distanced yourself from Top Shelf for health reasons, have you changed your TOS to accommodate those people who paid in advance based on your presence as an overseer of the daily business transactions (which you are no longer part of!)

Finally, are the people currently running Top Shelf , employees or employers who can make business decisions without your sayso.! This is basically the crux of the problem which should be answered to at least alleviate some miscommunications and concerns about not loosing any funds that are already in the hands of Top Shelf.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #129
Chris@TSE
As I said before there has been no change of ownership therefore I would assume responsibility. Obviously. This has never been a question.

Changes in the terms of sale are forthcoming as I have requested a revision to reflect situations experienced.

They are employees who are somewhat fit to make decisions as I am left with no other options. Why, looking for a managerial position? Something tells me I should be in the market....

Take care Jerry.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #130
KNOBTAIL
This makes a big

difference, and people can take a sigh of relief that at least the ship is being steered by the Capt. even during an inclement voyage on your part.

At least people can be more comfortable in knowing that aside from your recouperation which I hope becomes 100% positive, the business does not blemish itself any further because of some barriers that needed some clarifications.

I do hope that whatever health ills you are dealing with provide a speedy recovery. I must also point out that if I appeared a bit pugalistic, you have my apologies. I was just thrown off a bit when you initially responded with avoiding any responsibility and that just raised a red flag. Thank you again for the explanation and answering my questions as promptly as you did.
You are a gentleman!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!