Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 55 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #541
Cat_72
Quote:
Well , very few people here have even recieved a product from TSE so that whole NY law thing is void.
Exactly. It says NOTHING about someone taking your money and giving nothing in return.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #542
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
I dont have an animal on hold with them....But i think its about time that people waiting for animals on here just get legal advice and stick it to TSE.

Nicolai. The whole NY law thing you posted about refunds and who is entitled and who is not , is not really relevant here for the most part. That law says if someone RECIEVES a product and it is defective or one is dissatidfied or so on , that there is no guaranteed refund for some circumstances. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Well , very few people here have even recieved a product from TSE so that whole NY law thing is void.

I would be getting the police involved if it was me waiting on an animal , or some other legal recourse, this is total BS.

Plus their TOS might fall into the written contract clause.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #543
Cat_72
That's what I figured, Bill.

I believe that the person waiting since November (sorry, forgot the name) had to agree to certain questions from the TOS directly in an email...I would call that a written contract.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #544
repfriend
Many of the "available" pages on TSE haven't been updated since October 2005 !!!

Yet all those animals have a "buy now" button next to them.

So I guess they always have those animals on hand no matter what ? Some of those are very specific, like a certain bloodline bearded dragons, certain morphs of burmese, certain Ball Pythons.

Strange.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #545
Chameleon Company
Shanti,

Quote:
I think the question of hets is unnecessary and harmful at this point in time. No one has had reason to doubt in the past...and unless they confirm snakes are coming from outside sources, there's no reason to doubt now. Not ONE person has stated their het didn't prove out...all you've got is a bunch of speculation. When that road comes, I'm sure we'll pass it. For now, I'd love to see it put to rest unless someone actually has a reason (and some proof) to believe their het is not het at all.
With regard to the sections of your post which I highlighted, I believe that most posters here feel that there is reason to doubt now. If I was sitting on a few hets from TSE, I would be quite the "doubting Thomas" looking at them, and muttered more than a few expletives at this point.

As for NY Law, I believe in every case the deals are in writing, as the ads existed and product represented in writing, there's written record of transactions and emails, and the TOS of TSE are also in writing (get them pasted now, if you haven't !). Its not a "he said - she said" deal by any means. Get real legal advice at this point, as the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and you need to squeak loudly and quickly before the oil can runs dry. Waiting for a het to prove out may be similar to a position of being left "holding the bag", and I would refuse delivery of anything sent at his point, or at least realize that you are putting any legal claim on the back-burner once you do accept delivery.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #546
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Here we go again, who said anything about anyone here have that responsibilty lucille? Credentials wasn't the point lucille, other info people could use to contact them is. Wasting efforts isnt the point lucille - finding out whos running TSE and thier info is. It wasn't a red herring lucille' it was a salmon.
Sorry, I disagree. I think that it is an intentional red herring.

At this point, people have said here that they have been waiting for months and receiving sub par snakes or no snakes at all. There is NO reason to prolong this lack of service, the company knows full well that if money comes in, either products or a notification of a problem needs to go out.
If I were looking for info, it would be the address to serve papers. It's long past chat time.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #547
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
As for NY Law, I believe in every case the deals are in writing, as the ads existed and product represented in writing, there's written record of transactions and emails, and the TOS of TSE are also in writing (get them pasted now, if you haven't !).

I agree with Jim. Get TSE's TOS posted NOW!!!!! if you hope to use it in any fututre legal recourse. You never know what they will try to pull next......

Old 05-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #548
Cat_72
Bobby (Varnyard) posted them several pages back......

Old 05-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #549
Junkyard
From the Good Guy Certificate Forum(Bold and italics by me)

Quote:
Well, this is where this section comes in. This is a proactive method for people to know the good guys to deal with by them having a certification medallion displayed on their website that indicates them being in good standing with the members of this site in relation to how they do business. This is basically a "BOI Lite", in that a person can ONLY vote on a poll indicating that person or business is being a "Good Guy" or "Bad Guy". Plus anyone can also view the "Trader's Ratings" for that person or business as well, and active customers can post their experiences for a quick thumbnail sketch of that business without going into long drawn out discussions that some threads can run on as over time
Quote:
Quite simply, any business or person applying to take part in this program has to agree to do "good business". This is something that is subject to interpretation, but in it's most simplest form, simply means to treat your customers well and in a manner that will speak highly of the way you do business. This will be reflected in the poll set up in your thread here and by the votes people will place in your "Trader's Ratings". If at any time, one or both of those rating vehicles drops below zero (0) and you have a negative rating, your permission to display the provided certification banner will be withdrawn and you MUST remove it from your site immediately. You MUST agree to these terms in order to take part in this program. YOUR applying to be a part of this program by accepting a banner certificate is a defacto agreement on your part that you fully accept the stipulations indicated here.
Good Guy Certificate How to Apply

Old 05-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #550
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Bobby (Varnyard) posted them several pages back......
I also have screen shots of their TOS if anyone wishes to have them let me know. Posting them would be hard to read after shrinking them down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!