High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #131
Chameleon Company
Thanks Bob,
I read about 100 posts. Seems Damon made many enemies out West, with possible implication in a theft of Prehistoric Pets. Also may have unloaded a lot of sick snakes. Had a huge ego and loud mouth in many forums, and was prone to seriously threatening a lot of people on-line. While I already had a negative opinion due to the hots and running from the law, it would seem that Damon is an easy person to recommend that others avoid. There may be more, but I read enough. If this is the "new you", seems he could go back and make amends, and to not do it would be to continue in his bad ways. Like they say:
Quote:
Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.
He's thin on the former, and has quite a collection of the latter.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #132
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Jim, there are quite a few threads on Fauna regarding him. Do a google search on this name and they will pop up. He also went by the user name of damon j heynen. Here is but one thread ----> Damon

Griz
Sorry, his user ID name is Josh Burm Guy.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #133
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Kevin,
I believe that I have read the entire thread, and if someone could put a link to any scamming etc activities (not the legal issues), or a post number indicating where David or Damon etc has ripped someone off, I would appreciate the effort.
well it really depends.
What is your definition of scammin?

Lying, posting doctored pics, telling stories of how big he is, lying about how his whole collection became diceased (resulting in his "closed" collection), hiding his true identity because the big breeders are just oh so scared of him, threatening others.

My sincere thought is, if you were lying in your posting and such about everything...... how sure are we that you were not lying to your customers.

Sure the customers received snakes. Were they really the snakes they thought they were?

I wonder what happened to Damon. Why won't he come to post? I know he still has snakes.
Oh yeah, I forgot damon was really here. Hi Damon / David / Brian / Josh.
Wonder what your next identity will be.

My other sincere thought if this guy truly is damon. I could not blame him for wanting his identity hidden. It would have been allright if that was all he did. Unfortunately he is back to telling stories and posting doctored pics. Therefore it tells me he has not changed.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #134
fuscusking13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
So you only took a tour in ONE of his facilities.
What made you think he had SEVERAL?
Did he drive around pointing to buildings on the street and saying they were his?
Well here is why I only saw one facility. I left Connecticut on Thanksgiving night at 11pm from Essex. I had to be back to work no later than 8am Tuesday morning. The night I left there was very heavy rain and the going was very slow. I got as far as PA and pulled into to a rest stop to sleep. I left the car on all night and sweated my you know what off, but the snakes were happy. I had to first go do a trade with someone in Missouri and the best day for Dave and I to meet was Sunday morning at 10am. I truthfully fell a little behind schedule and got to Dave's place about 10:50 or so, so that cut into my time right there. Then we took out each snake so he could inspect them. Then he told me he would buy lunch so we ran down the street and had lunch. After that he gave me a tour from about 1pmish till sometime after 2-3pm. Then we talked a little more, and gave him some info on all the snakes, ie what they were eating, how often and who put up with what. I promised to send him all their names, and feed records thru email as soon as I got back, which I did. So point being I did not have enough time to go thru the others and get back up here for work. I drove like 3600 miles in less than 4 days, so I was tired too and needed to catch up on some sleep so that I didnt make any mistakes at work. In my business a sharp and clear mind is very important. Hope that answers your question, Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #135
HerpVenue
my point was, you don't really know if he had SEVERAL buildings.

anyway look who went and hid their information

Domains by Proxy Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd. Ste 160 PMB 353
Scottsdale Arizona 85260
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com Inc. http://www.godaddy.com
Domain Name: HIGHENDHERPS.COM
Created on: 11-May-05
Expires on: 11-May-07
Last Updated on: 27-Apr-06
Administrative Contact:
Private Registration HIGHENDHERPS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
it is okay, we already got it before they were able to hide it.

It is either David knowing more than he said he did.
Or it was Damon covering his tracks.
or the registrants did not want their names associated with all this mud.
LOL.......too late to hide it.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #136
fuscusking13
To better answer..

I dont know for sure, but based on the fact that he has been nothing but honest with me thus far I must take his word for it. It wasnt like he said I can only see that facility or something, I just truly did not have the time. Until otherwise is proven I believe he does, since he has never lied to me to my knowledge.

Unrelated topic...(not real computer saavy) how do you get a pic in your profile it always says mine are too many pixels, but they were resized and are very small, anyone know what I need to do? Thanks, Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #137
Griz
Daniel, you drove 3600 miles to deliver your animals? Instead of spending a few hundred to ship them you spend close to $1300 to deliver them? It's not that I don't believe you but there seems to have been better options as your disposal that would not have cost you so much. That's a lot of money to waste.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #138
KelliH
with regards to the GGC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave

Well, this is where this section comes in. This is a proactive method for people to know the good guys to deal with by them having a certification medallion displayed on their website that indicates them being in good standing with the members of this site in relation to how they do business.
Kevin, I agree with you and Jim that votes should be based on the way a person conducts business, and not based on personal feelings or hunches. That is why I gave up my certification, because two members gave me negative votes based on their personal feelings about me, even though they have never done business with me and they know that I am a good businesswoman.

But no system is perfect and we can't expect Rich to go around policing the votes all the time, that would be ridiculous. It's too bad there is not some way around the unfair votes, but such is life.

Now, right now, would I deal with High End Herps? No way! Too many unanswered questions and coincidences going on with them. I am not, however, going to run and go give them a negative vote on their certification. I guess I just take it a little more seriously than that, you know, just because I have a suspicion that someone is not a real great guy (which I always have had that suspicion about HEH), is not enough for me to cast a negative vote.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #139
HerpVenue
well I have not lied to you.

Therefore I would like to say.
I own Ralph davis Reptiles
I own VPI
I own Bob Clark and Mike.
I also own boaphile
They are just running my business for me.

If you belive that, please send me $1000.95 and your entire collection.
I too promise to keep them forever...

I will take them in and put them as part of my "closed" collection. together with all the trade ins I have receive and everything I import.

just being sarcastic to prove a point

Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #140
fuscusking13
Griz...

It actually with gas, food, oil change, and two hotel stays only cost about 700, and for the piece of mind of knowing that they all arrived safely, happy, and the fact that I knew they were going to be cared for I would pay it 100 times over. Believe me, I lost thousands on my collection, but they were like children to me and still are. I sacrificed a lot for them in the past including poor living situations for myself, not eating a few days here and there to scrape the money together to feed them, I even rented a room in a house and gave it to them and slept in my car everynight, even in winter, and I would do it again if neccesary. WHen you take the responsibility of another life you must provide for it by any means neccesary, because that animal, person whatever did not choose you, you chose it. I take that kind of stuff very seriously. I just came to a point financially where I went to feeding every week to almost monthly because I could not afford it. I also became pretty depressed and wasnt checking cages everyday after I lost my female albino burm(the first snake I ever held, and the one that got me over my fear years ago) so I felt it was better for them to get rid of them and get my life on track. Here is why I cant support all those animals: I have -79 dollars in my checking, no savings, an empty tank of gas(more like an 1/8, but in a 10 gallon tank thats not much, and $20 in my pocket to last me till friday. I am not fit to take care of animals right now. Fortunately the 2 balls I have left are both cycling on their own, my burm and my other snake are getting rats from a friend who breeds them so at least they are being cared for, as he is watching them for me while I get it together. I wish I could say I have a drug problem or have even ever done them, I just manage money poorly, and have some less than desired drinking habits I am working on. I have learned my lesson and that is why in part of the deal with David I get babies next year or the year after, whenever my guys breed, and by then I will be on my feet. I have a good job now, stable housing, and a car so I cant wait to get back in to the business of the animals I love so much. To me money is so unimportant and the care of my animals was. Hopefully you understand why I drove them(it may have been crazy to some, but it was the only way for me) instead of shipping them thru some shipper who could give a **** about reptiles on some cold plane, and having no idea what David was like and how his facility was run. Dan M.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart