Incubator Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
averagecitizen22
Incubator Question

Hovabator Question
Ok so I have read somewhere that a few people were bypassing the initial wafer thermostat on their hovabators and adding an electronic proportional thermostat to them. Since I have found that the initial original hovabators Wafer thermostat fluctuates too much. The idea of adding an electronic thermostat intrigued me. The same post I read (however i cannot remember where I read it) stated that the design of the foam insulated box design and heating element were very sufficient, but the wafer thermostat allotted too much fluctuation in temperature control, so they simply bypassed it.
The question I have is how exactly are people bypassing the original Wafer? I came to the thought of just turning up the Wafer as far as it can go and then simply plugging it into the electronic proportional thermostat. By doing so I believe that the Wafer would constantly tell the heating element to continually power up and heat, while the electronic proportional thermostat would allow only certain ammounts of electrical current to flow to the element itself, to keep it at the current set temperature.
What does everyone think about this? If everything goes as planne, I will have some Retic eggs and already own a hovabator and am not satisfied in how it currently works. Due to the fluctuation. I used it for the first time this year with leopard gecko eggs and had about a 1/3 success in total ammount of eggs compared to hatching rate.

Does anyone have any information on this? I know I can make one easily if it came down to it, but I dont want the Hovabator to go to waste and dont wanna just pass it down onto someone else less competant or knowledgable as one should say.
Any information or opinion would be appreciated.

Thank you

Read more: http://reptile-parrots.com/forums/sh...#ixzz2euEW8IeD
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, herpstat, hovabator, incubator, thermostat