limit this site to sells for pet. propagation. education. collecting purposes - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Incorrect. A completed transaction is not a prerequisite for initiating a BOI thread. The Ballbids thread is a prime example of this. There's nothing to stop you from posting an INFO thread to call attention to something you feel is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanozig View Post
because you cant just post on BOI because you dont like what they are selling you post on BOI if youve HAD a good or bad experience

one reason why I posted RIGHT BELOW his AD. a big no-no
There are 'info' threads on the BOI such as threads about vendors with dirty cages and such.

Dan you are too fast.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
GekkoCorner
Yeap I got an 'infraction' Too for the same reason.....

'Rules are the rules' But apparently this is not enough of a good reason to make it into one..

Like I said before all I have to say is ' How sad'. And at this point I think its all we can do anyways. As long as Contributions keep flowing in, and sponsors buying space here they won't do much about it.

Like Webslabe replies say '*TRUE* Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner' We are the sheep right now. but If people spending money on this site started leaving and spending their money elsewhere we would become wolves really quick

Quote:
because you cant just post on BOI because you dont like what they are selling you post on BOI if youve HAD a good or bad experience

one reason why I posted RIGHT BELOW his AD. a big no-no

Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #33
Fangthane
Quote:
well in webslaves opinion there is nothing wrong with selling turtles for meat to china so we should just drop it
No. He's simply made it clear that he has no intentions of being involved with deciding what can and can't be listed for sale. There's nothing stopping you from calling attention to the situation in the proper venue: The BOI. Do you want to try to take active steps to expose what you claim to believe is wrong, or are you simply looking to be part of a whine-fest?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekkoCorner View Post
If people spending money on this site started leaving and spending their money elsewhere
There have been exits before, but many returned. Why? It is a well run site without excessive regulation. Nice try though.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #35
GekkoCorner
I am not 'Trying' to get people to leave.

But what would companies like 'Zoomed, Tortoisesupply, Exoterra, etc' Have to say to emails from their customers questioning why they support or advertise on a website that supports Animal trade for the Asian food market?

I LOVE fauna. I am not trying to harm this site. BUT i also love animals and its sick for me to see turtles being sold by the 'Kilo' for food purposes on the same website I sell my animals.

If enough of us make a bid deal out of this something might be done to fix this issue and we can move on to using and promoting the website we love to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There have been exits before, but many returned. Why? It is a well run site without excessive regulation. Nice try though.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekkoCorner View Post

If enough of us make a bid deal out of this something might be done to fix this issue and we can move on to using and promoting the website we love to use.
Several have mentioned the BOI, yet you are still here stirring pots. I wonder why that is?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #37
Ron Allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
In answer to you: If you don't like the way I run this site then don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
You see Rich, you just made my point for me. YOURS IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS HERE. And while the benefits of fauna are undeniable and I intend to continue to use the HELPFUL resources of the site, I will not be a financial supporter of it in the future. As far as going elsewhere, I do go elsewhere, and I care enough about those sites to have this same discussion there if necessary as well. I get where you are coming from as far as Liberty and freedom are concerned. 5 minutes on my facebook page would more than confirm that. So I'll leave you with this quote from Edmund Burke...

“But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.”
― Edmund Burke

Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #38
Fangthane
If he goes out of his way to make one group happy, it's often at the expense of pissing off another one. I'm not a blind supporter of Rich's. I've vehemently disagreed with him, and I've previously been forcefully shown the door for my efforts. With that being said, I can still understand how he's often faced with no-win scenarios. Sometimes, being so caught up in your own side of an argument can make you blind to the validity of the other side. That seems to be what's going on here.

This is very akin to the obligatory, "why don't you ban the scammers" argument. Simply put: This site gives us the power to call out those we believe are wrong. We can effect change ourselves, without putting Admin/Moderators in the position of playing judge and jury. Complaining in the Feedback Forum will reach a very limited audience. If you want to put a stop to something, take it somewhere that the masses will see it.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #39
brd7666
There is a section on here where you call sell anything you want that is not reptile related, as long as it's legal. It's the member to member flea market. If you want to sell chicken nuggets, have at it. How much are you asking for them? I like chicken nuggets.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #40
WebSlave
Quote:
well in webslaves opinion there is nothing wrong with selling turtles for meat to china so we should just drop it
Nope, you just are not comprehending what I am saying.

So this is about "food stuff"? Ok, here's an ad that you are running -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=396239

Suppose that you were contacted about selling 100 pounds of those dubia nymphs to hong kong because they are considered a delicacy there for PEOPLE to eat. Would you sell them? It's already been stated that wildcaught or not is immaterial to this food stuff issue, so please don't use that as a shield.

And once it becomes known that they are fit for human consumption, then you are implying that I NEED to then block the offered sales of such items here? That I need to research each and every type of animal here and determine the suitability of them for human dietary desires and then take any and all steps necessary to try to prevent such sales? Is selling wild caught anoles for feed to stubborn corn snakes OK, but if they were going to Hong Kong to be eaten by people then suddenly it would NOT be OK? And I'm supposed to make that determination for each and every sale here?

Excuse me, but

Heck, years ago some orientals were making their rounds at the shows trying to buy up all the white snakes available for the purpose of eating one or more of their organs. I refused to sell to them once I knew what was going on. But that was my PERSONAL choice about what to do with MY animals and who I cared to sell to based on what they were going to do with MY animals. I would have absolutely no authority, legal or ethical, to demand anyone else not sell their white snakes to whomever they want to, and I just cannot see where that would change simply because I run this website.

Is it illegal what this person who started this issue is doing? Well if not, then apparently the government (federal, state, and local) doesn't have an issue with it. Seriously, you all want ME to get involved in this sort of crap between sellers and buyers? Sorry, but nope, NOT going to happen no matter how much you all whine about it.

So go ahead, you all want to get pissed off about this and my decision about how to stay out of the middle of that pool of quicksand you want to toss me into, then have at it. Don't want to be contributor members any longer because of this? Fine, I'll survive without your $25. This site was around long before there were contributors and advertisers. Don't want to participate on this site any longer because of my decision? Well knock yourself out. If a few people decide to drop out because of the fact that I will not bend to their will, then so be it. There will be others along that won't share that myopic view of the world and what this site's role is within it. Been there and done that MANY times here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!