I'm not a BS'er LOL. I have LOTS of blue dumbos - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #61
snakesRkewl
When you say co-dom trait(incomplete Dominate) that infers that there is a super form.
I'm confused Tom, I've never seen and never heard of a super form of dumbo ears
Isn't it possible that the female top ears you use are also hets even if you didn't produce them?

Since dumbos have been around for years and years there is hets all over the place that people have no clue they are hets, Isn't it possible that the female top ears you use are also hets even if you didn't produce them?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #62
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom11151979 View Post
Here are some pictures!
Those look more like brown than blue, but that could be from them swimming in their own poop

Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #63
Amelanistic Orca
Yep; that's what it is Jerry.. Thank you so much for simplifying it for me.. I had no clue what I had since I just stated doing this a week ago........

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
When you say co-dom trait(incomplete Dominate) that infers that there is a super form.
Isn't it possible that the female top ears you use are also hets even if you didn't produce them?

Since dumbos have been around for years and years there is hets all over the place that people have no clue they are hets, Isn't it possible that the female top ears you use are also hets even if you didn't produce them?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #64
snakesRkewl
What is it with the attitude?
You make a claim and can't(won't) back it up?

Forgive me for asking for proof....

Old 02-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #65
Amelanistic Orca
When you're in Az; come get some.. Simple as that.. What else can I say or do?? Full pictorial layout for ya?? Witnesses are listed?? Done clowning around with the subject; you got yours; I got mine; don't believe everything ya read is all I'm saying?? One more time; real witnesses are listed in this thread; you CAN call them..

Old 02-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #66
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post

Do mammal genetics operate the same as reptiles??

Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #67
Snake4me2
Well thought Id add my 2 cents. Im gonna get a rat from tom in the next couple weeks and ill prove it one way or the other. Also thought Id show everyone my adult Blue Manx Breeder.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #68
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Do mammal genetics operate the same as reptiles??
I don't claim to know all about genetics but as far as I know rats genetics are either recessive or Dominate although there may be some co-dom traits ears aren't one.

Dumbos since the beginning have been recessive and if it was a co-dom trait there should be a super form...Hence my questioning and asking for proof of such.
Making more dumbos from a top eared rat doesn't prove anything as many many top eared rats carry the recessive dumbo ear trait.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #69
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake4me2 View Post
Well thought Id add my 2 cents. Im gonna get a rat from tom in the next couple weeks and ill prove it one way or the other. Also thought Id show everyone my adult Blue Manx Breeder.
How will you know you proved it out, I've still not seen what the super form of dumbo ears looks like, have you?

Not trying to be smart here but proof is what we use to show people that we have proven a trait out, not word of mouth or "witnesses".

Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #70
Amelanistic Orca
Potatoe; potatoo?? Go figure then?? Once again Jerry; the super form is a solid litter of dumbos and some have super low sets.. 'Tis all.. No matter what I cross my dumbos with; pow; a few dumbos in every litter; is everything out there a het?? Snake genetics are dissimilar to mammalians..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!