Hot dogs... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
Bella17
Hot dogs...

Has any one heard of someone using hot dogs, or hot dog chunks to feet their snake??? A while back i thought i had heard something like, it wont harm them, and gives them still alot of nutrients.. what do you think...

Michelle

Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
LadyOhh
Absolutly not!!! That is not healthy at all... Too many preservatives, and salts... They would NEVER eat a hotdog in the wild, so why is it alright to feed it to them now? I doubt they would even take it.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Bella17
Thats kind of what I thought, I assumed the preservatives and such would be a risk. I'm actually trying to find that link I saw it in.. id really like to re-read what they said about it. I thought it was used in the context of force feeding, but I can't remember anymore.

Michelle

Old 11-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
Cat_72
I would assume the original person was talking about those "snake sausages", not actual hot dogs.....at least I hope they were. I try not to even let my kids eat hot dogs!

Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
clarinet45

Old 11-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
hhmoore
Much as I hate to say it - Michelle probably did read that about hot dogs (*that does not mean I am recommending it, lol), and it was likely in reference to forcefeeding nonfeeding adults. Regardless of what they may have in them, I can see that they would probably slide in alot easier than a rat; and, as such, there are those that would suggest using them. I'd use the rat, personally, but I am pretty darned good at forcefeeding, lol.

If iguanas can eat pizza, why not give a BP a hot dog?

The above was meant strictly as a joke. The statement was mine, and mine alone; and should not reflect poorly on this site, its owner, or the membership. Harald Moore and KBI Herpetoculture deny any responsibility - monetary, moral, or other - in the event that somebody should have a negative experience associated with feeding their reptiles "people food". Everybody knows that snakes eat animals, and (near as I can tell) hot dogs are not, nor do they bear any resemblance to, animals. It was only a joke.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #7
clarinet45

Old 11-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
LadyOhh
LOL Harald... I love the disclaimer!

Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
wcreptiles
This topic came up once before here's a link to a previous discussion.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=74053

Old 11-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
Bella17
Thanks for finding that link.. i thought i heard about it somewhere else.

Michelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!