Inquiry Captive Born reptiles [columbus ohio] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Iguana-Love_Rescue
Question Captive Born reptiles [columbus ohio]

I know there has been older post regarding this place & cannot find a search? Option? So has anyone has any recent bad / good experience there?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Gemf
Here is the older thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...+Born+Reptiles

I haven't been back to CBR in over 2 years and am in no hurry to go back.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Honda99_300ex
dont waste your time...They mean well, and are nice people, but I will never go back there. sometimes I go just to have a laugh at their prices also. I had a perfectly healthy boa a year ago that ate like clockwork, and I bought a feeder from them(in a pinch) and he was dead two or three days later. that sealed the deal for me. what are you looking at there? I am near columbus and know a lot of local breeders and such.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
bullies&balls
Anytime I have walked in their store at old and new locations it was the same story. SUPER high price, overcrowded cages, STENCH, filth, dirty cages and so on and so on.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Honda99_300ex
ya, I didn;t mention the filthy cages and living conditions of the animals...you'd have to see it for yourself. whats funny is he claims the "smell" is from the rodents he breeds...BS

Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Iguana-Love_Rescue
Oh, I am not looking for anything from there, I just had another rescue friend contact me last night asking about the place. Guess they had a snake surrendered to them from His place and its in bad shape from the sound of it. I gave them the link to the forum here, so maybe they will post up some Pic's and more details.

I plan on making a trip up there as soon as i can, to see for myself how bad it is. If its as bad as it sounds ugh.. I don't know how I will react =(

Whomever mentioned the rats from there, I have heard that as well. Scary stuff.

I breed feeder rats and had thought about getting some new lines from him, but I saw his prices and have heard the Horror stories, My colony is healthy & I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
Iguana-Love_Rescue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda99_300ex View Post
ya, I didn;t mention the filthy cages and living conditions of the animals...you'd have to see it for yourself. whats funny is he claims the "smell" is from the rodents he breeds...BS
I've been there in the past 5 yrs ago? Longer? I moved here in 06 and went there shortly after moving here and still can remember the smell. Death , and filth [snake Poo] [Alligator Poo] not rodent smell =[

Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
bloodlustindulgence
i stopped there after an expo last month. it was ok but their stock was low. it didn't smell that i recall and the prices were high compared to expo prices but they were cheaper than any pet store in my area so the quality of the store will probably depend on what you have to choose from at home. if you think they have high prices you should see them where i live. you MIGHT find baby normal BP for 90$ a piece... if you're lucky.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Iguana-Love_Rescue
We are going there Tomorrow with a few friends. Will post a update. I can take and Post Pic's as well.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
Honda99_300ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana-Love_Rescue View Post
We are going there Tomorrow with a few friends. Will post a update. I can take and Post Pic's as well.
which store are you going to? there is one off morse rd. and then one on the east side, off of Refugee rd.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!