Vincent Velci-- BAD GUY, BEWARE! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
worldismarble
Vincent Velci-- BAD GUY, BEWARE!

This guy scams, cheats, lies to get what he wants. I advertised to me two burmese star tortoise babies that were supposedly incubated to be female, but I later found them to be male.

He is a liar, and will wheedle you out of your hard-earned dollars. Beware.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
Bill_Leverton
Care to elaborate on this guy ????E-mail ??? Documention of any sort ?????

Old 11-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
worldismarble
VINCENT VELCI <vjv@mailstation.com>
(562) 325-2022
Be extremely careful of this guy. I warned him repeatedly that if he did not resolve this issue to my satisfaction, I would tell the herp community of his endeavors.

He worked out a deal with me for me to purchase two burmese star babies that were hatched out from John Heidecker with Bill Zovickian's stock. These were supposedly female, but when I got the paperwork from him, they were incubated at 84 degrees, which produces males. When I called him and asked him about it, he told me that THEY COULD BE FEMALE, THEY COULD BE MALE, when he had promised me that they were temp-sexed to be female, which was a lie.

Then, I asked him to trade back one of the tortoises for a larger tortoise, and he refused, and told me that I was trying to bribe him for future business, what a fucking asshole. Afterwards, I was so angry that I filed a claim to paypal claiming fraud, and they successfully refunded me the $250 I had transferred to Vincent. (I had paid the rest in cash). He got very mad about this, and started accusing ME of fraud, which was really funny.

To make himself feel better, he calls me up one day at 2:00 am in the morning and laughs in my face and says "Hahaha, those burms you got from me weren't from Bill Z. They are DISEASED IMPORTS, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO FUCKING SMALL!!" He laughs hysterically and then promptly hangs up the phone. Never deal with this guy, ever.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldismarble
This guy scams, cheats, lies to get what he wants. I advertised to me two burmese star tortoise babies that were supposedly incubated to be female, but I later found them to be male.

He is a liar, and will wheedle you out of your hard-earned dollars. Beware.
You're very lucky you received your animals at all. I have had the personal displeasure of dealing with this individual 3 years ago. He is worse than pond scum and has the nasty habit of taping phone calls. It is believed that he is either fed or in the feds back pocket.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
The Reptile House
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Vincent+Velci

This thread pretty much sums him up.
I have had horrible dealings with him and he has been told never to contact me again.
Mostly all of his tortoises I saw in the past were all sick with URI. He adopted a lot from rescues and resold them at full price. This guy is a pretty low life in my book, has taken advantage of a lot of people.
My dealing with him was we traded some leopard tortoises for some corn snakes he had that I was interested in. He took the completely healthy tortoises home soaked them for over an hour that same night and then again in the morning. He then after soaking them placed them in his trunk and went to sell them to another guy. When he got there he said one was dead. Well soaking that much and putting them in the trunk on a hot day would end in pure problems!
He called me up wanting all his corn snakes back plus cash for his loss.
I flat out refused, I told him it was his fault and should have known a lot better with how he cared for them. He was with them for a couple of hours examining them and kept on stating that they were very nice, one was a blond.
He gets things in a resells immediately and he knows exactly what is wrong with them.
I witnessed a large sulcata in his trunk that had respiratory so bad you could here her wease from several feet away. He said he got a killer deal on her and a buyer to take her in the morning from what I can recall. I am sure that buyer had no idea what was the case with her since he had JUST got her right before he was with us and that buyer had already paid.
He has not responded to any of my adds in the past year, most likely because we now deal in what he does not and that is a great thing!
My advice is to stay far far away! Shanell.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
The Reptile House
I got the same type of phone calls. I changed my # and he called on an add and I recongnized him right away and told him to throw away this #. He called back over and over to leave himself laughing on my voice mail and threatining to ruin my business. Yep soulds like he is still at it. Shanell.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
worldismarble
Vincent has a poor personality.

No business will succeed with an attitude like Vincent's. He is extremely childish, and does not know how to properly conduct business with people. Also, he lies and cheats.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
LizardMania
Re: Vincent Velci.......I think some have may be wrong

Hi there! I just had a dealing with Vincent for a female cyclura....gorgeous and healthy female!!! I can personally tell you, Vincent also did a huge favor for me shipping another cyclura with his female that was near his residence.
Vincent was nothing but extremely professional, patient, and just a pleasure to work with. Communications were more than terrific and timely.

I cannot speak for those experiences above, however I cannot imagine individuals having such negative occurences. Not even come close to mine. Vincent is a top notch professional and very articulate in his speech. One above quote Vincent using fowl language? Not a word, or even a slip of profanity!!! Just an awesome experience!

Greg Dudzinski
Lizard Mania

Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
tail shaker
[QUOTE
They are DISEASED IMPORTS, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO FUCKING SMALL!!"QUOTE]

Whoo... That language will get you some points

Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by tail shaker
[QUOTE
They are DISEASED IMPORTS, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO FUCKING SMALL!!"QUOTE]

Whoo... That language will get you some points
So will quoting it...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!