oreganus@hotmail.com / Kevin Smith inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
philadelphia exotics
just wandering if anyone has had any dealings with Kevin Smith oreganus@hotmail.com.   good or bad.
please let me know.
joshua myers

Old 11-14-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
schlegelii
Kevin Smith 2004

My experience with Kevin Smith and a King cobra.

Fist the king ( a six footer) was shipped UPS some thing that is very illegal and very dangerous, kevin states " I have never had a problem before". Delta shipping was included in the price of the snake, not UPS.

After asking the about the snake in April, I was told that it was eating frozen thawed rodents. By mid May he wasn't eating after I tried every rodent available, with no luck. kevin was informed of my failing progress. He advised me to try snakes, why do I need to feed snakes to a guaranteed rodent feeder???

Early June was the first time that Kevin made an offer to get the snake back from me, but didn't have the money and wanted to sell the snake fore me or trade for other snakes he had. He also was expecting some money from other sales to pay me back, it never showed. Then he blamed the snake not eating on Earl, it was supposedly his snake first, and was eating rodents. My new rodent feeding king finally eat a snake, I was happy that it was eating but still not interested in rodents.

In July I asked for the money again, and again he didn't have it. He requested a picture, so he got one. I was told he was going to sell the snake to some one else using the picture. Still no money by the end of July. August, I was again promised money from another sale and then Kevin got bitten by a puff adder. Guess where my money went....

Then his friend, who was the "owner" called me, said he was sorry and would buy the snake back as soon as his settlement went through ( a week or two), money never showed and the phone number I was given was disconnected. Kevin told me his friend had left town and he didn't know what happened to him.

Now we are in October ( 8 months later) and now he has the money, but doesn't want to be ripped off. Giving his past track record, you make your own judgment. I have every e-mail that was ever sent between us, so all of my statements can all be proven. I'm not sure when Kevin offered to buy the snake back from me, based on the e-mail he never had the money to do so.

I have been requesting my money back for 8 months for a snake that was miss-advertised and have been blown off every time. Now I'm the one trying to rip him off. I think the rip off happened in April.

Jeremy

Old 11-14-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Jeremy,

Would you post the e-mail exchange between both of you right from the start?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
snakegetters
You will find much enlightenment on these threads:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=28577

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=8527

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!