Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #31
farfrumugen
im on the fence on this one. there was no tos but Ive always assumed a deposit is a non refundable transaction. now IF his family really was sick and he just couldn't do it then i would lean more to giving his money back. but if hes just blowing smoke then i would say keep the deposit. if his family really was sick then it comes down to your own customer satisfaction. if hes yanking your chain and just cant come up with the cash then hes not owed anything.
id ask for proof that his family was sick. if he can provide that then id refund his money. if not then he is yanking your chain and i would not pay him anything.
adam jeffery

Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #32
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfrumugen View Post
id ask for proof that his family was sick. if he can provide that then id refund his money. if not then he is yanking your chain and i would not pay him anything.
adam jeffery
I've seen that pop up in a BOI before. It is a good idea if the seller was willing.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
Sushi Dragons
I agree, it isn't fair to call him out as a "liar" without giving him a chance to back up his claims.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #34
deborahbroadus
My instincts, as many others here, is pretty good, but I never claimed to be infallible. If that's what it takes, go for it.

Ok, buyer please present your evidence? If you have any, I'll apologize for my assumptions.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #35
bigpimpen22
Will do

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #36
bazzgazm
I'm just gonna chime in and say that the money shouldn't have been spent before the transaction was finished, whether or not refunded.....
All situations are a case by case scenerio, and this was by no means the worst i've ever seen... Good luck to you guys getting this ironed out as best you can...
Just so you know, my LOCAL PET STORE Has non-refundable deposits, but they can be used toward anything in the store. So if you put down 500$ on a 2000$ snake... and something came up where you couldn't afford it.. you could still spend 500$ on something else. It's just the money doesn't leave the store... buyer still gets something and seller still has a happy customer (or as happy as can be)

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #37
mikepanzarella
i can see both sides of this i was stuck with the same thing when i 1st came on fauna a guy left a deposit for $100 1/5 the cost of the deal he told me he would pay within 7 days
8 days later he asked for another 4 days i then didnt hear from him again till after 2 week mark i had another buyer lined up and was going to sell in the morning lucky the payment was sent without warning lol for the balance now it crossed my mind to keep the deposit as i was well within my rights under the terms he set but had that payment not come that morning and i sold the snake i would of sent him his deposit back non refundable or not it would of been the right thing to do

i dont think you would be wrong for keeping the money but its really not right either its not like this was a long drawn out thing over a few months were talking about a few weeks
yes it sucks and alot of people are going to waste your time with bull like this but i think this is a case of be the better person and stick to not doing holds in the future

Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #38
bigpimpen22
here is proof
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #39
deborahbroadus
Where's the proof of the rest of the excuses, and please enlarge this, I can't read it.

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #40
bigpimpen22
im not putting personal info on here im sorry but i will enlarge it for you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!