Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:03 AM   #211
ElapsMan
We're on a roll tonight

I have paid around that for a box that came with From Ray and contained a baby king and a black spitter. I am not trying to drag Ray into this, I am merely giving an example.

Just called Ray. He (unlike you) has his records. He pulled that invoice, and told me that you paid $67.97 for that LITTLE BOX.

Is Ray LYING?

Old 11-18-2004, 12:07 AM   #212
ElapsMan
Quote:
Scott has a little male fantasy thing going on with me, he is one of my biggest stalker/fans. I am not sure what homo-erotic fantasies he has about me, but he will be on this thread for awhile now.
His fatasy of you may be the same as mine... To know that you are in a 6X9 cell with a huge fat, sex starved man that refuses to bath.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #213
ElapsMan
Quote:
I don't remember airports,name, or town it was sent to. That isn't an excuse, that is the truth. This guy has been a pain from the time he sent payment for it. .

A) all you have to do is call Delta and ask them to give you a print out of your activity for the past 2 years (that is what Ray Hunter did). You don't need to know the exact day. When you look at your printout (which will only take a blink of the eye, since yours is blank) you look for one that is going to new york. It's called process of illimination.

Quote:
He obviously has no experience with kings, since if you get any king that is eating as great as the one I sold him can be switched to rodents fairly easily

So now you are saying the King that you sold him as a "GUARANTEED RODENT EATER" really was not???

Old 11-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #214
thecobrakid
Lightbulb the shipping

If the shipping time was 6months to a 12 months ago that would mean that the snake was shipped between November 03-May 04. Is this all that had to be done.

Burgerboy, just call Delta. Tell them you are a moron and you need them to retrieve all airbills sent to New York from your origin between 11-03 and 5-04. They are a customer service oriented business, and I am sure they would be more than to accomodate you. With todays technology, the information can be gathered in seconds and we can clear the air. Give them a call.

Jason Shephard

Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 AM   #215
ElapsMan
Sorry about all the posts...

I was just catching up from last night.

Quote:
With todays technology, the information can be gathered in seconds and we can clear the air. Give them a call.
If Ray Hunter could have it done in tem minutes from Florida (and it was not even his account), why cant You, kevin?

Old 11-18-2004, 12:31 AM   #216
oreganus
Lightbulb Thank you....

Quote:
Originally posted by reptilebreeder
COD can present problems, but if I was going to return someones money on a guarantee, I would want proof that it was dead (not relevant here) or that it be sent back, then I would send the money. Not sure if you return the money first, but there are a lot of scammers who try to keep the herp and then get money back. So either the OP would have to send the king back on his dime (which is a requirement of a lot of guarantees) or he can send it COD. Either way there is a chance he might not get his money for the snake. In which case he would then have a very good bad guy case.
As for the photo, wasn't the original deal 6 months or more ago? Yet this seller offered to refund (granted apparently there were some e-mails saying he didn't have the money) for a return of the king? If so I would personally want a photo too, one that could show it was recent, like with a dated newspaper or something. Especially one where it seems the person may not have been able to provide it with proper care (live snakes, if that is all it was eating) 6 months is a long time, could have died in that time or OP could have sold it because it wasn't feeding on rodents.

Again let me say I am only going on what has been posted. I have no way of knowing if the OP is telling the truth, until and if he posts this alleged evidence. Same for the seller. Those being the points I posted in my previous post.
Thanks for a very calm, intelligent, and rational post. Mr. Stano could take several lessons from your post. You pretty much described my exact problems with the whole deal between the OP and I.
As for Elapsman,
I don't really have to prove you wrong, but I will because you obviously need to be knocked down off your self proclaimed soap box. I was not a liar about any of it, I DARE YOU TO CALL DELTA AND ASK THEIR RULES ABOUT SHIPPING, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO INSPECT EVERY BOX THAT IS SHIPPED WITH THEM DUE TO THE NEW SAFETY REGULATIONS, if they are not inspecting boxes then they are at fault for not doing so, there are regulations in place to keep everyone safe. There is also an inspection form that must be filled out now on EVERY shipment going out. Why do you keep trying to drag Ray into this, I have been more than courteous in not doing so, but for some reason you keep having to "call him" or quote him in some way, why? are you such a complete moron that you can't call delta yourself and ask them about their rules? If you did, you wouldn't be making an ass out of yourself by contradicting deltas policies. Is there any rational person reading this thread that can confirm what you have to do to ship with delta? Mr. Stano must have no idea what the hell is going on, because he has to call a third party to know his butt from a hole in the ground, everyone can read his posts to figure that one out. Notice I am not being debated on any big facts, only a couple of dollars for a delta fee. Okay genius, what is the commodity code for shipping reptiles? How many times have you shipped delta? What are the CURRENT safety regulations for shipping with them? How about the CURRENT ways to pick up a shipment? I don't ask this because I don't know myself, I am only asking so that you might look into it for yourself and gain a little knowledge, instead of having to rely on third parties for all your info
Kevin

Old 11-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #217
COBRAMAN
Kevin

I am not back here to stir sh@^ untill it stinks, as I already know what happened. You know my fellings about all this from our e-mails. I was asked to post one of my past air way bills.

This shipmet contained 2 BABY Rhino Vipers, and weighed 6lbs including the wood box (which was 8"x8"x7"). As you can see this small, light weight box cost $75.47 to go from Florida to MI. Delta charges a set rate for up to 50lbs, regardless of size and regardless of venomous or non-venomous.

Also, I have NEVER had any of my shipments inspected. Maybe they are supposed to (I don't know), but they never have done it with me, Ricky, or his wife.

I was also asked to post the printout from your delta, but because of the mannor in which I obtained it, I will not do that without your permission. If you want it posted, post your permission, and I will do it.

Peace, Ray Hunter
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2004, 01:00 AM   #218
Jungle Gems
I do have to say something on Kevin's behalf...

...as I specialize in Heterodon platyrhinos (Eastern Hognose Snake), I know first-hand that a rodent feeding snake may not be so in the hands of a less experienced or even different individual. Eastern Hognose Snakes are notorious for their profound preference of an amphibian diet, as are King Cobras similarly noted for their preference of a snake diet. I take the extra time with all my baby snakes to scent pinkies with toad or tuna-scent until the H. platyrhinos gradually accept them as a food source. After that, I do not sell my babies until they have accepted rodent meals at least ten times consecutively. This would certainly constitute them as "rodent feeders". I believe I am being more than accurate in labeling them as such. Those whom I sell to who are experienced with this species usually do not have a problem keeping them on this diet, however, to the less experienced individuals this task seems to present with a larger degree of difficulty. Some are willing to put forth the effort it takes to keep the baby H. platyrhinos on the rodent diet, however, some are not and I know that I am not at fault for their negligence. I offer assistance every step of the way to ensure that any problems are swiftly esolved. In this way, I can certainly *guarantee* that the Eastern Hognose Snakes are rodent feeders (as ten or more consecutive rodent meals are accepted), but I cannot guarantee the competency of the purchaser.

I'm not saying for sure that this is the issue for Jeremy, however, this matter is something that should be taken into consideration before blasting Kevin with accusations of a misrepresented animal.

Jennifer Webb

Old 11-18-2004, 01:07 AM   #219
COBRAMAN
Jennifer, I agree with you 100%. I have already sided with Kevin on that. From what I can see, I'm not so sure that I would refund the money with or without recent photos. King Cobras are very fragile animals, and can go off feeding for almost no reason. Of course I would NEVER guarantee ANY snake to be a feeder (especially a king cobra). I tell buyers with honesty what I am feeding the animal, but I never guarantee they will have the same resilts. It is often times an issue of skill with some snakes.

Again, If Kevin wants to refund the money, that is very kind of him. I don't see any reason why he would be legally responsible to do so.

Ray Hunter

Old 11-18-2004, 01:10 AM   #220
oreganus
Re: Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by COBRAMAN
I am not back here to stir sh@^ untill it stinks, as I already know what happened. You know my fellings about all this from our e-mails. I was asked to post one of my past air way bills.

This shipmet contained 2 BABY Rhino Vipers, and weighed 6lbs including the wood box (which was 8"x8"x7"). As you can see this small, light weight box cost $75.47 to go from Florida to MI. Delta charges a set rate for up to 50lbs, regardless of size and regardless of venomous or non-venomous.

Also, I have NEVER had any of my shipments inspected. Maybe they are supposed to (I don't know), but they never have done it with me, Ricky, or his wife.

I was also asked to post the printout from your delta, but because of the mannor in which I obtained it, I will not do that without your permission. If you want it posted, post your permission, and I will do it.

Peace, Ray Hunter
Thank you Ray, and I totally understand. One factor to consider(not to start an argument with you) is that the prices have changed over time, also the policies have changed quite a bit for the last year or two. Also there are different prices for DASH and Priority first. Then when you add in the commodity codes and such, the prices can change also. I am not arguing with you at all, I think your airbill is accurate and helpful in this discussion. I think this is a case where the answer is not one answer, but is different based on all the circumstances I have mentioned. I don't feel that I lied in any way about the delta debate, there is more than one answer to the questions than one for all. As far as the Shipping policies, you know as well as I do, it really depends on the delta office and the people working whether it is by the book or if there are certain inspection policies waved. I haven't ever had to list species on my boxes, but I do label either venomous or nonvenomous. I tried to explain that to Jerry, but he is a little high strung, so there isn't really a way to explain it because it won't be acknowledged.
Kevin Smith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!