African Rock Cage - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
lthomas926
African Rock Cage

I'm going to build my African Rock a custom cage for the rest of his life (he is currently almost 5 feet). I know how large they get. I was wondering what are your thoughts on a size of (5' Long X 18" High X 30" Deep). Let me know. Its not my first cage to built just curious if you think that is a good size, if not what would you recommend?

Old 07-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
BrianC
As big as you can make it.
10'x4'x2' LxWxH would be a start.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
pythonjim
The dimensions you called out would definitely be suitable....but a 8 foot cage, either with a bit of height or a 10 foot that is displayed at chest level would rock!

Old 07-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
lthomas926
Alright, I could possibly Do 6'L x 2'H x 30'D Room Size is what is holding me back from building 7 or 8 foot and I dont want it to Deep because it makes it more hard to clean and get snake out and such

Old 07-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
pythonjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthomas926 View Post
Alright, I could possibly Do 6'L x 2'H x 30'D Room Size is what is holding me back from building 7 or 8 foot and I dont want it to Deep because it makes it more hard to clean and get snake out and such
I hear ya man, I have a small-ish room filled with vision 6 footers.
It can be a bit overwhelming!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
lthomas926
So I should be good with 6'L x 2'H x 30'D It defiantly can be overwhelming. What I want to do is build a 3 level cage. bottom being for my two ball python, split the cage into two for them then middle for my rock and then the top for a future large snake but not as large as the rock. Have to be stackable because one unit would not be possible to get into location or move.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
hhmoore
I kept my adults in 72x30x24 cages....when they stretched around the perimeter, the cages didn't look too small; but when the snakes were coiled on one side, they sure did.
Going over 24" deep pretty much requires some extra height, since you have to be able to get to the back.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
reticguy76
i always suggest to people, it depends on why you are keeping them (breed or pet)
if you plan on having future breeding pairs, trios or more, haralds size cages work well for rocks. if just a pet, i always say so go as big as you can

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!