Joe Compel: CLASS ACT!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
MikeCurtin
Thumbs up Joe Compel: CLASS ACT!!!

As many of you know, I, along with a good number of others were scammed by Tony Copertino and his fake hets. Joe Compel helped expose Tony in a thread I started a while back by identifying Tony's photos as ones Tony had stolen from his (Joe's) website. Over the past 6 months or so, more people have come to realize exactly what it was they had purchased from A.C.E. Reptiles.

I saw Joe a few weeks ago at a show and we chatted about Tony and the case Tom Crutchfield is in the process of building against him. He expressed to me how grateful he is to those who help to expose the scammers in this hobby and thanked me for my role.

We also talked about BP's and my 5 yr old's desire for a Pied (I'm a Morelia guy mostly, but have never seen his face light up over any snake like it did the first time he saw a picture of a pied). I told him that I had picked up an actual male het pied from someone more reputable, and asked about prices on both visual females and hets for him.

Well, my possible het pied female w/ "markers" arrived this morning. Joe has always shipped through Delta and just recently got Fedex certified. He asked me if I'd have the room for this girl so that I could grow her up and try and prove her. He asked for nothing more than me to let him know how she arrived, since it was his first time shipping door to door and he wanted to know how Fedex did, and that I take good care of her and let him know what happens when I breed her.

Today I got to teach my son a lesson in positive karma...courtesy of Joe Compel. I guess I don't have to tell anyone where I'm getting any future BP's, now do I? Joe...you rock!

Mike Curtin

Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
TrulyRare
I'm glad you got your snake, and everything worked out good in the end

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!