My first GTP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Horned Frog
My first GTP

Hey, ever since my first reptile (ball python) I told myself if I got another snake I would get a GTP because they are so beautiful. 5 years and a few other reptiles later I have now just acquired a chondro. He is absolutely beautiful and I wanted to get other hobbyist's opinions on the animal and his enclosure. Obviously I did weeks of research before choosing an animal and acquiring it. He is CB and did not come with a local. The previous owner told me he is a "designer". Im not sure what I think go this because I didn't come across that term in my research. He is a yearling male and has a great temperament. I let him settle in for 3 days and then fed him. He ate with no hesitation and then I let him digest and handled him for the first time. I am using a 68 qt tub with sphagnum moss and silk plants. I have a thermostat and digital thermometer on the warm side and a digital thermometer/hygrometer on the cool side with all the conditions cycling great. Let me know what you think and I am also curious when I can build him a larger permanent home with some more aesthetic, custom aspects with out the space stressing him out. I actually obtained him from fauna classifieds and had a fairly good experience. On another note I have a breeding project with some very pedigree bearded dragons going on. Expecting hatchlings mid july if your interested!
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
MotorG525
When they say designer im pretty sure it means a cross between two locals, like a biak x aru

Old 04-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
Horned Frog
Thanks, I figured it was just a diluted bloodline for aesthetics instead of a pure local. I am not planning on breeding him (in any foreseeable future) so it really makes no difference to me, as long as the animal doesn't have an attitude. I still don't quite understand why local is so sought after. I know that they differ slightly in size and other qualities but I'm not sure why there is so much emphasis on it amongst breeders.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Because certain locales carry specific traits that are highly desired by some keepers. That is why the emphasis on locale. You may not notice it now, but I know i notice it in many species.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Reptilecam
Very Nice. I love GTP's

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!