I need help with my leo gecko! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #21
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
It's a shame that the people who really need assistance, will suffer for the actions of some of the members on this site.
Oh for goodness sakes, Jim..that was completely uncalled for, and doesn't belong here. No one is suffering over anything.

Then again, either does this....I apologize.

Best of luck with your Jorge, Aaron. I agree that a vet visit for him is definitely in order.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #22
KelliH
Quote:
It's a shame that the people who really need assistance, will suffer for the actions of some of the members on this site.
What are you talking about, I only posted because I wanted to help?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
What are you talking about, I only posted because I wanted to help?

I dont think he was talking about you..

Someone said they were specifically a desert species. But they do require humidity as you and Jim said

Reading back, i find both You and Jims information useful, equally.
You do things one way, and are sucessful, and Jim does it another, also successfully.

Maybe the other poster can clarify what they meant in their post, but i only saw the suggestion that they are a desert species, which would lead me to believe "sand and little to no humidity" But thats just my take on it.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #24
KelliH
Thanks Alicia. I was responding to the other poster that had stated that maybe Aaron having a humid hide could be causing the leo to not eat, which is not true, and I wanted to clarify the "desert species" thing because it really does confuse newbies sometimes. I'm sorry if I offended anybody. Jim, I tried to pm you back but got a message stating you were not accepting pm's. Again, my apologies.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #25
Amspoet67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspoet67
Aaron,

In regards to the humidity, the only reason I suggested this may be a cause was because I do not believe the pet store would have had the animal set up this way and he may not be used to it.
I believe I did answer the Humidity question.

Anna

Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #26
KelliH
Anna-

Ok, again, my apologies. I just noticed that you and Jim are both from Home Grown Herps, I did not know that when I posted.

I'm bowing out of this discussion now. Best of luck Aaron and keep us posted on Jorge.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #27
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Oh for goodness sakes, Jim..that was completely uncalled for, and doesn't belong here. No one is suffering over anything.

Then again, either does this....I apologize.

Best of luck with your Jorge, Aaron. I agree that a vet visit for him is definitely in order.

Maybe uncalled for, I agree....but so very true.
One good "uncalled" for post deserves another.

I am certainly not suffering.

And you know what I find real unfortunate as well...
That the OP questions went unanswered except for Anna's posts, until now !

Apologize???? what for, you could have simply NOT posted it, but ...theres no drama in that !

I also think that when a person/breeder wants to offer help to someone, other people shouldn't come here and say that their info is wrong.
Because one person methods doesn't always work well for others.
If it works for me , who are you to tell me its wrong? And why is it so wrong that I pass on what works for me?
But theres no reason why others methods cant be posted, several options is always better than one.

We rarely use humid hide box's for our Leo's and our Fat Tails, we've been successfully breeding them for close to 10 years now. We have no health issues what so ever from not using the humid hide box. we only use it when breeding (for them to lay their eggs) and when we see them getting ready to shed.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #28
homegrownherps
Quote:
Anna-

Ok, again, my apologies. I just noticed that you and Jim are both from Home Grown Herps, I did not know that when I posted.

I'm bowing out of this discussion now. Best of luck Aaron and keep us posted on Jorge.

How does that change what was said?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #29
KelliH
This is so frustrating and really upsetting me. Jim, I was trying to correct what I thought was not the best advice. I thought I did so in a professional, polite manner. When you stepped into the thread, I initially did not realize that you and Anna are both from Home Grown Herps. That is why I was confused when you made your statement about me causing people on this website to suffer. Now I understand why you jumped in.

I am not apologizing for what I said, I am apologizing if what I said offended you in any way. I was only trying to help the guy. It seems that I cannot even do that right anymore. I'm sorry everybody.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #30
homegrownherps
Quote:
Thanks Alicia. I was responding to the other poster that had stated that maybe Aaron having a humid hide could be causing the leo to not eat, which is not true, and I wanted to clarify the "desert species" thing because it really does confuse newbies sometimes. I'm sorry if I offended anybody. Jim, I tried to pm you back but got a message stating you were not accepting pm's. Again, my apologies.

what I find to be true for a lot of reptiles, is that a change of environment (surroundings and enclosure) can, and has effected feeding schedules.
When I take snakes to shows to sell , I always tell people BEFORE feeding them , to let them adjust to their new enclosure & surroundings.
So placing a humid hide in there was something that that particular gecko would have to adjust to, as I would bet money it was a wildcaught import , that has no clue as to what a humid hide box is....let alone everything else that is going on around it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!