Gecko has a bump - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
jmt06
Gecko has a bump

my gecko baby has a bump right where his tail attachs to his body...
this is not the first time....last time it went away..but he did bleed some what...
now its back about 2 week later ????

Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
cookreptiles
Is it coming out of his cloaca? It looks like a prolapse but it's hard to tell for sure from the pics. You should get him to a vet ASAP--prolapses are serious!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
jmt06
i dont have money to take him to the vet...I put him in a small small cage..with a soaking wet cloth for him to lay on , last time i did this it healed right away..anything else i should do?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
cookreptiles
You can make a paste with sugar and water and apply it to the area. This will help take some of the moisture out of it if it is a prolapse. You actually don't want to keep it wet--you want to draw the moisture out of it. After the paste has been on for several hours you can rinse it off and apply some triple antibiotic ointment (with no painkillers) to keep it lubricated and help protect it. You want to draw the moisture out from inside of it, but not have it dry out on the outside.

If it starts looking worse or irritated or doesn't go away in 24-48 hours you really need to get him to a vet. Call around and find one you can afford--it's your responsibility as a pet owner to get veterinary care for your animal when needed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!