Bad Guy Evan Stahl STAY AWAY! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #51
meowmeowkazoo
Why is James Tintle posting the shipping information? What relationship does he have to the OP?

Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #52
dinosaurdammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
That is not quite the answer to my exact question, but it does appear to be against UPS policy (which I knew). It is illegal, though, as has been asserted? I so far have half of my answer (as before).
i cannot find where it would be "illegal" except of the case of usps. I did dig up this though, make of it what you will
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=48891

Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #53
RichsBallPythons
You guys have a lot to learn when it comes to shipping snakes.

Select Few including Evan who been around WHEN UPS allowed snake shipments were GRANDFATHERED in with a waiver/account that allows them to continue to do so!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #54
dinosaurdammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
You guys have a lot to learn when it comes to shipping snakes.

Select Few including Evan who been around WHEN UPS allowed snake shipments were GRANDFATHERED in with a waiver/account that allows them to continue to do so!

and no one here claimed to know all about shipping. I just posted what I found.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
nickolasanastasiou
Rich, that is not relevant to me since I utilize FedEx solely and have no desire to give my business to UPS.

A member asserted a state of illegality with respect to shipping snakes via UPS. I wanted some clarification. Thus far, I have not been presented with source documentation explicitly stating that it is *illegal* to ship snakes via UPS. That is the area of discussion I am -and have been- placing emphasis on.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #56
RichsBallPythons
Its not Illegal, just against the companies Policy unless you have an account that was Grandfathered in.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #57
nickolasanastasiou
That was what I was figuring. I just wanted confirmation. Much appreciated.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #58
Sweeneys Zoological
James,

I guess ReptileExpress.com is also shipping illegally through UPS.

Scott Sweeney

Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #59
hhmoore
Focus, gentleman - this is not the Shipping discussion forum.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #60
evansnakes
To clarify as James Tintle has accused me publicly now of committing felonies with out knowing what he is talking about, I have a UPS ACCOUNT Issued to me specifically for the purpose of shipping live harmless reptiles, which is all I ship and every box that I ship meets all federal regulations and is clearly labeled on every side "LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES". The account was set up between the largest shipping broker in the USA and the management of UPS USA operations. I walk into UPS hubs every week and hand them boxes clearly labeled "LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES" about 300 a year and they happily accept them and appreciate my business. I spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000-20,000 a year with UPS and only ship overnight services which are their most expensive services. It is a drop in the bucket for a multi billion dollar corporation but since I am under the umbrella of my shipping broker, whos total customers ship several million dollars a year in packages and I am part of that, I get solid service and decent pricing and absolutely 100% LEGALLY ship my LIVE HARMLESS REPTILES. So in the future James Tintle, you may want to know what you are talking about before you sling accusations at somebody you know nothing about.

Rich, thanks for the posts. E

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!