Me or the snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
catawhat
Me or the snakes

Well, my 8 month relationship just bit the dust. Not like I didn't know it was coming, but dang it hurts.
Ex says it is stupid of me to have dreams about breeding, that my hobby is a waste of money. No matter how I tried (hmmm maybe I shouldn't have tried) I could never get him to see my point. I never asked him to be a part b/c I knew how he felt about snakes, but why does he have to try and distroy my dreams, make me feel like I am wasting my life. I have a job, I never asked him to pay for a thing, I tried to keep my enthusiasm to a lower key (and we all know how hard that can be!). Tonight was it, I will not choose to give up my dream, I will not give up the animals that bring me so much happiness for anyone. I will not be one of the people who give up what I love to make someone else happy- I think this was just a symptom of larger issues. No one who says they love another person would treat another this way, be demeaning and ask that they give up something they hold dear. Guess what, he goes, the animals stay!

Old 01-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
good job! ignore all those people who cannot respect your wishes and your dreams. you can find better!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:19 AM   #3
MichiganDragons
You'll be better off. It's hard to find someone who's passionate about the same things. With reptiles there are reptile people and non-reptile people. Seems to me that most non-reptile people just don’t understand reptile people.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 AM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by catawhat
Guess what, he goes, the animals stay!
Better company that way I'd say.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #5
texasnewbie
Sounds like you made the right decision, if he had truly loved you he would have wanted you to be happy. He would have supported you.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
Cat_72
Quote:
No one who says they love another person would treat another this way, be demeaning and ask that they give up something they hold dear.
You said it all right there, girl. If a person cannot accept you for who you are, then they will never be happy until they change you, and you will never be happy trying to be a person that you are not.

I know it hurts now, but you AND your critters will be better off in the long run.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by catawhat
No one who says they love another person would treat another this way, be demeaning and ask that they give up something they hold dear.
Well said.

Even so, I know it hurts to break up, for whatever reason. (((Ingrid))) I'm sorry you have to go through the pain.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #8
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You said it all right there, girl. If a person cannot accept you for who you are, then they will never be happy until they change you, and you will never be happy trying to be a person that you are not.

I know it hurts now, but you AND your critters will be better off in the long run.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
techgirl
Ingrid I am sorry that you had to go through that but I congratulate you on making the right decision. I was in the same situation several years ago when my then boyfriend told me to chose him or my dog(my dog did not like him). I told him that there was no choice, the dog stays. I couldn't believe that he was shocked. He left and I still have my boy Tal. He's 16 and still going strong. In time I met the man I'm with now and have a beautiful daughter as well. You will meet the person for you and he will love, respect and honor what you choose to do with your life.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
catawhat
Thanks everyone, going to miss him but not as much as I would have missed my animals (and therefore part of myself).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!