The Neverending pregnancy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
ilovemylizard
Arrow The Neverending pregnancy

At least it seems that way. I got some quick pictures of Myra this afternoon, she is my 50/50 Suri het albino that is on day 136 post ovulation.

She seems to be 'shrinking'; I've really started to notice it in the last few days...I've heard sometimes this happens right before the birth?

Compare the above two pictures with this one from July 5th

And August 14th

She's defenitely not as swollen as she was...I guess this happens when the babies have absorbed all their yolk, is this right, guys?

I hope it's gonna be soon...

Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
BryonsBoas
Is she restless and cruising around alot? What is her hot spot temp & her body temp?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Are you certain of the ovulation? I mean, did you witness it, or did you just notice she was bigger and start counting from the next shed? Many Boa will develop the follicles (pre-ov swell) and stay that way for some time before ovulation actually occurs. If you remove the stimulus, (the male presence) before the actual ovulation, the female may stay in that swollen state for a time, and reabsorb later, or may still ovulate. Many have mistaken this swell for actual ovulation, and assumed success, and end up pulling the male early.

If she did indeed ovulate, then she will drop babies if mating was successful, or slugs if it wasn't, when she is ready though.

I certainly hope it all goes well and she surprises you with a nice litter. If it is a worry to you, you can get an X-ray or ultrasound to see if there is embryonic development going on. May give you a better picture of what you are up against.

I wish you luck.
Rick

Old 08-24-2007, 04:56 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
BTW...Crosses really aren't my thing, but that's a nice looking girl you have.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Just read this, thought I'd share. Remember I said Boa are capable of going a full six months of gestation? Well, here's one that went 176 days...

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1385142,1385142

For you worry warts that want them to drop on day 120 POS, just goes to show, they play by their own rules. LOL

Any luck on that yet BTW?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!