Bad Guy Jim Scharphorn - Bad Guy - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #71
omni
Wow Jim straight says what I take as if this ever happens again, he's gonna screw that person over too. Go ahead and flush your cage biz. Anyone coming across this thread will shop somewhere else.
Quote:
I did not read any of the new posts and I am not going to,. . .
You may post away and ask questions but I can flat out tell you I am not going to read it
I do not feel sorry for what I did
I am in the right
"Josh posted me as the bad guy. . .
IMO, well deserved badguy thread. I agree with JudyC:
Quote:
a businessman needs to be flexible when dealing with customers and willing to give in on some small things in order to preserve the bigger picture. He's NOT going to lose his shirt on a few missing screws or even a couple of replacement panels that the buyer OFFERED to help compensate for.
^ not part of this guy's business ethics = Pay me, I'll send you what I send or don't send. The hell w/ you if there's any problem.
Absolutely do not order from this guy!

Old 09-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #72
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
By the way, Jim ...

So, did she do it or didn't she? Just curious. And if she did and can barely do it ... what kind of confidence can you possibly had that they were put in correct?
Here's what I find sad... he keeps trying to throw his wife under the bus.... sayin she's the one that does the piolt holes and she can barely do them. What a man you must be.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #73
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Here's what I find sad... he keeps trying to throw his wife under the bus.... sayin she's the one that does the piolt holes and she can barely do them. What a man you must be.
I totally agree with THAT and I hope his wife blesses him out!

Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #74
Nageki
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureherpbreeder View Post
As promised, pics of instructions where he never said to hand screw and says they should be flush and countersunk.
Let me get this straight, he says that under no circumstances would he ever countersink anything, yet his own assembly directions tell you to countersink??? I also noticed he keeps throwing his wife under the bus, but then back peddles saying that she might have done it and is not very good at it. This guy is a joke and I am glad this thread came up because he was on my list of possible cages to buy. As the OP has stated many times, why would he be bothering you for screws just for the heck of it and how does a few panels = half the cost of the total order?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #75
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn View Post

You may post away and ask questions but I can flat out tell you I am not going to read it.

So long story short.
Josh screwed panels to tight and distorted the plastic
Josh tried to get free cages
Josh posted me as the bad guy for his wrong doing.
The next guy that continually blames me for something I did not do will get the same treatment.
You want good customer service I try to provide that but some people you can not please without paying them.
Are you by chance related to Dan Scolaro?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #76
Steve Hamm
I have met Jim face to face before (both live in Mi) and this doesn't surprise me one bit!!!! Man up Jim and take care of business.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #77
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
Judy - You stated, in your scenario, that the seller is 100% correct and the buyer is just getting his jollies out of making the seller's life difficult (your stated scenario, not necessarily the situation here). If you prefer to use a word other than "scamming", have at it. Either way, you are implying the seller is risking thousands of dollars in new and repeat business by addressing it as opposed to just make it go away.

If that is not what you meant, then tell us what it is you did mean.
Ok...wow. I thought I just DID tell you what I meant. Maybe my initial post could have been worded a tad bit differently to make it CLEAR that I'm referring to this specific circumstance and future circumstances that might be similar.

If there is clear evidence of a scam being perpetuated, then of course any buyer OR seller needs to stand up for themselves.

My point was that our actions have COSTS...and sometimes even if you feel you are sure you are "right" the COST of being "right" may far outweigh the few pennies you'd pay to keep the customer happy. That cost is not the same if a real scam is being committed and it is worth standing up for yourself. In a case like this, it is two parties simply have two completely different points of view and the COST of the businessman to force his point of view on his customer should be taken into consideration.

So yeah...maybe I worded that first point a little too carelessly. If Jim had proof that Josh was "getting his jollies by making his life miserable" then that would be a different story. As it is, Jim THINKS that is the case, but there is simply no evidence to back it up....so maybe JIM needs to CONSIDER THE COST of his being "right."

Make sense yet?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #78
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Are you by chance related to Dan Scolaro?
I have now lost all total respect for you Lucille. Please inform everyone what Dan Scolaro has to do with this thread. Comparison? Hardly.
tsk, tsk, now go away....

Randal Berry

Old 09-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #79
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
I have now lost all total respect for you Lucille. Please inform everyone what Dan Scolaro has to do with this thread. Comparison? Hardly.

Randal Berry
What he posted was similar to things Dan has said in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn View Post

You may post away and ask questions but I can flat out tell you I am not going to read it.

So long story short.
Josh screwed panels to tight and distorted the plastic
Josh tried to get free cages
Josh posted me as the bad guy for his wrong doing.
The next guy that continually blames me for something I did not do will get the same treatment.
You want good customer service I try to provide that but some people you can not please without paying them.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #80
futureherpbreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

Randal Berry
I did some reading up on Dan and saw the comparison right away, denying any wrongdoing, putting the blame on everyone else, and refusing to compensate after he already agreed to do so as well as the hot temper and insults.... Sounds all too familiar....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!