(WANTED) Savanah Monitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 01-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
Hoopes242
(WANTED) Savanah Monitor

Hello, I've been trying to find a baby captive bred savy and everybody is out of stock, I really would like a known breeder to insure it's usa CB u just placed an order thru lllreptile then noticed it wasn't CB so I'll be canceling the order as soon as I can get ahold of them. But if anybody can help me out, I will also consider juvenile I just want a that I can make tame easier. Thanks
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
mudpuppy49
only person in US with CBs is Daniel Michelle check DM's monitors on facebook. any others that are cb are fake

Old 01-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
Hoopes242
Yea I've been seeing that alot, the lllreptile wasn't wild caught it was farm raised, which all my reptiles have been cbb so this will be my first farm raised, makes me kind of nervous but I went ahead with the order and will recieve it tuesday. Any advise on farm raised?
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
saucyross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopes242 View Post
Yea I've been seeing that alot, the lllreptile wasn't wild caught it was farm raised, which all my reptiles have been cbb so this will be my first farm raised, makes me kind of nervous but I went ahead with the order and will recieve it tuesday. Any advise on farm raised?
So are you not cancelling your order then? Daniel still has CBB babies available.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Old 01-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #5
Hoopes242
No I'm not going to cancel it now, I just seen his Facebook and those babies are gorgeous. There triple the price of the one I ordered, if I had the extra money right now I would jump on it. I appreciate the help, thanks alot
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 10:02 PM   #6
JButera
Farm raised savannah monitors is sorta misleading. They extract sav eggs from termite mounds and burrows then hatched them out in an enclosed area..those hatchlings are now called 'farm raised'. They're just savs from wild collected eggs that were hatched out where they can easily be rounded up for export. Probably 99.9% of all sav hatchlings in the US are farm raised.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:30 PM   #7
Hoopes242
Yea I've read quite a bit about farm raised and I've seen that it can mean a variety of things, and some foreign reptile farms can be pretty nice, and it could still be bred within the farm (what I'm hoping) although it could be like u said eggs taken from the wild, or a gravid female taken from the wild then released after laying. Ether way I know a huge population in the states are farm raised and imported. Ether way my savy was brought into the world I'm going to do my absolute best to have an awsome tame monitor. Any advise in farm raised for when I actually get it home. Going to be taking him/her to vet for perisites after he gets somewhat adjusted and it's stress levels drop some.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 10:45 PM   #8
JButera
what's your enclosure set up like?

Old 01-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #9
Hoopes242
I run large melamine enclosures, full temp gradient, very nice setups I build myself, most I have are 4x2.5x2, but may build a slightly longer, wider, and taller enclosure for the monitor. I had an amazing reptile collection and had to rehome all my pets when I moved across the country, I just brought some of my enclosures here from back home and I have an iguana right now, this will be my first monitor. I've been wanting one for a long time now, and I'm able to add one to the family now!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #10
JButera
Savs are great monitors. btw if you're ever looking for some hardcore advice go to varanus.net and look for FR...just be careful.lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!