First bite - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Linda
Talking First bite

Today was the big day, got my first bite, after having a ball python for 7 years, and a year old nicaraguan boa I have had for a couple of months, the nic got me today. A firend of mine was over with her kids and she was holding Scooby letting her kids see him and touch him, and he got scared. I was standing next to her, keeping a close eye on things, and Scooby didn't look quite right, his head was kinda staring at her face, and he was moving slowly closer to her face and his tongue was flickering alot slower and was staying out alot longer than normal, so I put my hand between her face and his, and bam he bit me. I know it was a defensive bite, so I took him from her, and held him for a few minutes and he calmed down, I put him back into his enclosure. I couldn't wait to tell everyone that I had finally been bitten, so I called my husband at work to tell him, he always said that after being bitten, I would wanna get rid of the snakes, but I don't, and now he really thinks I'm crazy, because I couldn't wait to tell everyone. I knew this day would come, and the thought of getting bit was scarier than the actual bite. After washing off the 4 drops of blood from my knuckle, all I have to show for the bite now is 2 tiny tiny marks on each side of my knuckle, and just to let everyone know, Scooby is with me right now as I type this, I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!! Linda.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
DragonCharm
If you like getting bit my advice to you is to stay away from anything venomous.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!