Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #61
Lucille
I agree with the second post. Definitely disagree with the first.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:20 PM   #62
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
The amount of people who think business owners can treat people horribly because they have quality product is frightening.
Right?!??

Not to mention the face a person like that would give the reptile community.

But hey...He has quality animals and he apologized so we should just let it go

Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #63
Mark M
"But hey...He has quality animals and he apologized so we should just let it go"

Yea you should. What would make you happy? To keep this going for weeks? For Mitch to fall on his sword? Its done. Get on with your lives.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #64
JCCS
For me, the apology would have been just fine if he had not completely denied the statement was homophobic in the same sentence. When you do not accept responsibility for what was said and deny what you said was on the level of what it was on, any apology is as pointless as a pouty three year old whose mother forced them to say "Sorry". Again, this goes beyond just mouthing off. I would have almost understood that as I would have been frustrated with a negative review being posted for very dubious reasoning. He did not simply mouth off at the OP though. He used a bigoted slur. That's a whole new level that teaches you not only about his maturity level, but about how his entire psyche works. This is not much different to me than Tom Pecanic calling Mike from outback a "n&*#$%" the other day, and the only difference is only in what we knew about the person before the statement was made.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #65
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
"Yea you should. What would make you happy? To keep this going for weeks? For Mitch to fall on his sword? Its done. Get on with your lives.

Thanks for telling me how I should live my life Mark, but I’m not very susceptible to the opinion of people that brush blatantly offensive remarks under the rug.

As for what I would like to see happen: well I would like to see the same thing happen that would to anyone else in any other profession as I stated previously. Anyone else would lose their job over a remark like that so let’s start there.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #66
Mark M
"As for what I would like to see happen: well I would like to see the same thing happen that would to anyone else in any other profession as I stated previously. Anyone else would lose their job over a remark like that so let’s start there."

Reality check: He's self employed. Do you want him to fire himself? Not sure how much you contribute to his yearly income, but he lost your business so I guess in some way he lost his job to you. So now its time to move on possibly discuss people who really are bad buyers and sellers.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #67
Stephenson8011
you know, for someone that wants this to be dropped, your spending an awful lot of time perpetuating it.

You must think I didn’t realize he was self employed.

Reality Check Mark: it’s called bankruptcy

Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #68
nickolasanastasiou
You desire that he go bankrupt? And that is the start?

Old 02-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #69
Stephenson8011
I don’t believe that anyone who thinks in such terms should be a face for any hobby I’m a part of, I would consider him to be a disgrace to the reptile community and I would hope that enough people would feel the same way that he would go bankrupt. So yes

Old 02-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #70
nickolasanastasiou
Oh, I see. I have never sought to have people agree with me or face financial ruin for not thinking the way that I do. There are certainly many kinds of people. It would be a shame if they were forced to adhere to one person's ideology. That includes my own.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!