For Sale Fire Belly Newt Efts(C. Orientalis) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 03-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
knuxtiger4
Fire Belly Newt Efts(C. Orientalis)

I have quite a few Cynops Orientalis (Chinese Fire Belly Newts) efts for sale. These are a species are are very difficult to find thanks to the ban that only just got lifted last year. They are captive bred individuals from my breeding group.

They are $30 each plus shipping. Shipping price vary due to location of where they are being shipped, if you want a quote just shoot me a message with your zip code. All boxes are insulated and shipping is done Monday through Thursday if weather permits. All shipments are done via UPS with express next day options only, I will not ship any other way but express to ensure they arrive there in the fastest manner.

-These are TERRESTRIAL efts, they are not aquatic adults and will need to be in a terrarium set up for at least a year before they may begin to show signs of becoming aquatic.
-They also need to be fed live foods, they current are fed a diet of dusted fruit flies but can eventually be trained to eat frozen food from tweezers
-Roughly around an inch in size
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #2
ekocak
Are you interested in any trades at this time?

Old 03-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
knuxtiger4
Unfortunately not looking for trades. I do not have the space to keep anymore species of newts/salamanders at this time.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #4
zaj56
40 is kind of crazy.... these are 15$ at best.....

Old 03-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaj56 View Post
I am curious as to where one would find captive bred newts- of any species- for $15.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
ekocak
Quote:
Then don’t buy them?

Old 03-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
patrickstar116
I mean earlier this year in February I bought Japanese fire belly newts for $10 each and then back in November I spent $25 each.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #8
knuxtiger4
Quote:
You are probably think back to when it was around the 2010 to 2015 era where these species was massively still imported as wild caught where you could buy these at any pet shop for anywhere from $6 to $15. I got my adults around 2012 when they were everywhere and readily available. That is until the importation ban happened in 2017 where this species in particular basically vanished off the maps in the newt keeping world. Yes some species can still be found but I know that captive bred ones are definitely going for more that $15 cause it just not possible to raise CB newts with selling them at the price of the wild caught imports.

Captive breeding this species is by far not easy, they are not like other captive bred species that grow fast and are hardy. These guys require a lot of time, labor as well as requiring live foods in order to grow as larvae and then even once they are like these efts I have that they still need live foods and a terrestrial set up. It was a lot of work on my end this year to have managed to raise this many and my price reflect on the work, time and cost that went into raising these guys.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #9
zaj56
Not implying disrespect but i have a friend i actually met off here that breeds newts and yes - they go for around 15 cb. Just have to look and be patient. Its not very difficult to raise these if You have the time. I understand where you are coming from my opinion just differs. I think 40$ is unreasonable. Ill refrain from further comments. Have a nice day.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #10
knuxtiger4
Pushing this back to the top, I still have around 50+ of these guys left, price is the same. I do offer discounts on quantity orders for those looking to get a large amount of them.

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
amphibian, amphibians, for sale, newt, newts