Good Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles ( ALBINONILE ) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
Lunar Gecko
I won a dum boa from his FB page last week. Ben was great, animal is healthy, packing was perfect and I could not be happier. Thanks Ben!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #22
Imperial Reptiles
Just got another FLAWLESS animal from Ben and Stacey. This time it was a Sumatran Water Monitor. Fed for me the first day it got here.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
SirenSanJose
I've bought auction animals from Ben twice now. First lot, everyone arrived great (the het pied female is growing like a weed), no problems with the transaction.

The second shipment, ran into a small snag -- but it's when I consider they went above and beyond in customer service. I got a call from Stacey on the day they were supposed to ship (I missed it, as I was driving), and an email shortly after asking when they could contact me as there was a problem.

When she called me back the next day, it turned out that a particular ghana female ball I'd bid on was missing when they went to pack my order. Who knows where she went -- possibly escaped, possibly put in the wrong tub by an employee, they'd looked all over and just couldn't find her. (And they checked, several times, trying to find the *exact* animal I'd bid on. She just wasn't there. And honestly, the volume of animals they move, I'm amazed this problem is as rare as it is.)

I was offered several options:
1) auction credit on a future auction
2) Paypal refund for that animal

Then I asked "hey, I'd been asking Ben about his price on butter motley corns, he said they were $50 retail, that was the price on that ghana, could you just send me a male butter mot instead?" Stacey immediately went to look -- while still on the phone -- and they were out of male butter moleys at that moment. So she offered me a male butter bloodred, sight unseen, which I happily accepted.

(Now, please note -- the animal I was offered in replacement was an animal that was of similar *retail* value, not auction value, to the one that vanished. I might've been able to pick up that butter bloodred on a good auction for maybe $30, $35, if I was lucky -- but was entirely happy with his replacement at retail value as an even swap for the missing ghana.)

I got my shipment the next day. The replacement corn is gorgeous, way nicer than expected, and my frog-eyed geckos and albino fat-tail were exactly as promised.

I'll buy again from Ben any day of the week (or at least those days I have money!)

Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #24
Amelanistic Orca
Wonder what happens when someone buys a het (100%).... Raises it; breeds it; and walllllllah..... Normals..... (This freaks me out on so many levels!).... Gotta old saying I like to revert back to every once in awhile... "Can't be a professional in anything; if ya dabble in everything!" Also, makes me think about a ten pack of female balls I got from Ben; ohhhhhhh; bout 7 yrs ago.... Guaranteed feeders... $200 sumthin' bucks.... New blood for the boys in a couple years..... 5 ate; 5 force feeders is what I got... Ahhhh... No biggie... BUT; guess what.... Kept my mouth shut; and never bought again.... Dunne!!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #25
Get Sum
Don't be jeolous of those that are succesful

I've Known Ben and Stacey for years. They always go out of their way to please, If i need a last minute rodent order or I need a package shipped out and ran out of supplies.. They always come through without hesitation. I am very happy to see the success they have had and how far they have come. Most breeders/ herpers ect.. should be inspired by Ben & Stacey. They are doing what they love and most importantly, making it work. I have never personally gone on their auctions but I think it is a great marketing concept that appears to be working well. As for you Thomas: I believe you may be to much of a perfectionist. We have all seen your adds on KS. Every one of your animals posted is labeled as flawless, outstanding, impeckable... ect.. Give it up, Please! We all know that there are prime examples of a particular mutation. I highly doubt that all of these prime examples belong to you! I am not bashing you, I am offering free advice and trying to help you. If you truly have a real smoker, then by all means label that animal as such. If it is an average looking animal- leave it at that.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #26
reticguy76
back on the actual topic now

Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #27
Amelanistic Orca
Here's a tissue for ya..... (I ain't heard o ya)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
I've Known Ben and Stacey for years. They always go out of their way to please, If i need a last minute rodent order or I need a package shipped out and ran out of supplies.. They always come through without hesitation. I am very happy to see the success they have had and how far they have come. Most breeders/ herpers ect.. should be inspired by Ben & Stacey. They are doing what they love and most importantly, making it work. I have never personally gone on their auctions but I think it is a great marketing concept that appears to be working well. As for you Thomas: I believe you may be to much of a perfectionist. We have all seen your adds on KS. Every one of your animals posted is labeled as flawless, outstanding, impeckable... ect.. Give it up, Please! We all know that there are prime examples of a particular mutation. I highly doubt that all of these prime examples belong to you! I am not bashing you, I am offering free advice and trying to help you. If you truly have a real smoker, then by all means label that animal as such. If it is an average looking animal- leave it at that.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #28
BenSiegelReptiles
sorry Tom you had issues with your feeding babies. If we sell them as feeding they are, but I dont doubt you had issues. Especially if they were babies we just started. Hope you got them going and they did well for you. Sometimes even when we sell baby balls that have fed 6 or more times here, on the unusual occasion they will go off feed when moved into a new setup. I have got snakes from people I trust 100% that were feeding and went off feed at our place. Usually a couple of weeks--a few different food types gets them going. Sorry you had issue with those years ago. Not that I am expecting you to buy anything as you said you would not, but if you do, let me know, and I will get something in the box to make up for those babies that gave you trouble.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #29
Amelanistic Orca
Dang Ben! That is a pretty cool gesture! I can actually appreciate that right there.. For 7 yrs I bit my tongue.. I was shocked it was split smack down the middle. It was an epic battle dealing with them that left a sour taste in my mouth; but, today it's a pleasant taste. I have watched for 7 yrs you take damn good care of peeps, I'm proud of you on that; it ain't easy dealing with the masses in the reptile community. I got em ironed out after a couple forced feedings and then a flagyl dosage; that put em right on track. You are a man of your word; I can see that now. Thank you for the offer to make it right soooo long afterwards; speaks volumes to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
sorry Tom you had issues with your feeding babies. If we sell them as feeding they are, but I dont doubt you had issues. Especially if they were babies we just started. Hope you got them going and they did well for you. Sometimes even when we sell baby balls that have fed 6 or more times here, on the unusual occasion they will go off feed when moved into a new setup. I have got snakes from people I trust 100% that were feeding and went off feed at our place. Usually a couple of weeks--a few different food types gets them going. Sorry you had issue with those years ago. Not that I am expecting you to buy anything as you said you would not, but if you do, let me know, and I will get something in the box to make up for those babies that gave you trouble.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #30
BenSiegelReptiles
no problem Tom. Let me know. Thanks for the support Jay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!