Amanda and Mike Clark/Email Address: Serpentboy78@aol.com/BAD GUY/BAD GAL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:27 AM   #1
lizfortune
Thumbs down Amanda and Mike Clark/Email Address: Serpentboy78@aol.com/BAD GUY/BAD GAL

Here is the scenario:

On March 9th, I agreed to purchase an albino leusistic texas ratsnake from Mike at the above email address. He asked me to write the check out to Amanda Clark which I did and sent it that day. I waited over a week and, after not hearing from Mike, I started to send him emails. Another few days went by and I still received no response. I then noticed that serpentboy78 was on my buddylist and tried to start a chat. When I got a response, I asked if the person I was talking to was Mike. The person stated "no" and I asked if it was Amanda and she said it was. I then explained the situation and that I had not heard from Mike. She stated that Mike was no longer there but she had deposited my check and would send the snake out on Monday (March 21st) for a Tuesday delivery. She also said she would email me the tracking number on Monday. I asked her what Mike's last name was and she paused and then said she would rather not say. I then told her that I had a right to know it as I am doing business with him (clue for next time huh?). She still said she would not give me his last name but said that the deal was between her and me now and ensured me the snake would be on its way on Monday.

Late Monday evening, I had not received anything from her and emailed requesting an update on the delivery as I would have to be home when the animal arrived. Tuesday morning, I again emailed her and again in the afternoon. I think I finally received a response Wednesday saying, something to the effect, "I'm sorry but I will not have time to send you the snake and I can return your check or rip it up." I sent her a response stating that if she needed more time to send the animal that I could wait, otherwise to please return the check and to let me know either way. After not hearing from anybody for two days, i finally sent another email stating, "O.k. I give up. Please send my check back." She then sent me a response (on March 24th) stating that the check had been sent back and I should receive it any day. As of March 29th, I have not received the check.

I would still at this point, let it go. However, today, I noticed an ad on KS called Serpentboy selling corn snakes. I sent a request for information to verify it was the same person and I received a response a little while later. I sent an email asking why she has time to sell and ship snakes LESS THAN A WEEK after telling me she did not have time to send the one SHE AND HER HUSBAND BOTH COMMITTED TO ME. This was her response:

"your check should of been there. it 4 sure has not been cashed check with your bank. as for your other ?'s about snakes im offering. I owe you no explaniton. my bizz. is my bizz. post this where you'd like."

I then responded to her via email:

"amanda,
well, except that you committed to the snake just as your husband did. otherwise, if you had not committed and agreed to selling me the snake AND your husband had not committed and agreed to selling me the snake you may be right. but the fact that you AND your husband did commit to selling the snake to me and then you lied to me by saying you did NOT have the time to send me the animal, I believe, is everybody's business who plans to associate with you.
i will be advising the BOI board of how you conduct business. the first flag for me to be cautious in trusting you was the fact i originally had an agreement with your husband and you refused to tell me his last name after he repeatedly failed to respond to my emails after receiving my money. not exactly a confidence-builder in the trust department.
i hope you are more honest with your other customers and you will receive no business from me nor my colleagues as we have a "Do not do business with" list that you will be added to."

She then responded with:

"hows this. FU*K YOU & your colleagues. & you can advise the BOI to go take a flying FU*K as well. you or your colleagues bizz. means nothing to me,Im not gonna lose any sleep over this.
ps is'nt FREEDOM of speech great?"

The following is a chat she initiated after the above email:

"Serpentboy78 [1:12 A.M.]: no one ever "promised" **** to you.. not my fault you get agged. so easy they have medication for that you know? bottom line you were not "lied" to.
Serpentboy78 [1:14 A.M.]: so the deal fell thru big fu*king deal.. life goes on dot cry about it.
Alisaalicia04 [1:15 A.M.]: bullsh*t. you told me that the check had been deposited and should clear monday and then that you would send the snake monday for tuesday delivery and that you would send the tracking number on monday (finally heard from you wednesday). then, when i finally heard from you, you said that you weren't going to have time to send the snake because of personal issues and less than a week later, were advertising other snakes. that spells repetitive lying.
Serpentboy78 [1:16 A.M.]: I absolutely can not wait to see this on the boi .that site is always good for a laugh,and ppl like you that get butt hurt and sprint to them crying..
Alisaalicia04 [1:17 A.M.]: r u sure this is amanda. your mouth sounds more like a guy. is this mike?
Serpentboy78 [1:17 A.M.]: you need to work on your spelling.
Alisaalicia04 [1:17 A.M.]: actually you do and that would be something a child would try to focus on. are you sure you are not one of the kids
Alisaalicia04 [1:18 A.M.]: cuz your parents are going to be mad if you are using their email address
Serpentboy78 [1:18 A.M.]: yes this is Amanda, and I am not scared to tell someone to fuk off. be being female has nothing to do with it.
Serpentboy78 [1:20 A.M.]: so go cry to the boi. and have a nice and safe life. im thru talking to you.
Alisaalicia04 [1:20 A.M.]: no, but it makes you sound like uneducated trailer-trash which doesn't help you much as coming off as a professional
Serpentboy78 [1:21 A.M.]: when the **** did I say I was a professional.?
Serpentboy78 [1:23 A.M.]: you lead some life it is 1:23 am and ur online bickering with a stranger.
Serpentboy78 signed off at 1:26 A.M."

So, to wrap this up, these are my issues:
1. She lied to me about the check being deposited. She lied to me about sending the snake out Monday. She lied to me when she told me that she was not going to have the time to send the snake and then less than a week later, she was advertising other snakes for sale on KS.
When confronted on these issues during the chat, she never denied it:
" Alisaalicia04 [1:15 A.M.]: bullsh*t. you told me that the check had been deposited and should clear monday and then that you would send the snake monday for tuesday delivery and that you would send the tracking number on monday (finally heard from you wednesday). then, when i finally heard from you, you said that you weren't going to have time to send the snake because of personal issues and less than a week later, were advertising other snakes. that spells repetitive lying.
Serpentboy78 [1:16 A.M.]: I absolutely can not wait to see this on the boi .that site is always good for a laugh,and ppl like you that get butt hurt and sprint to them crying..

2. I spent three weeks waiting to receive this snake.
3. I spent the entire day home on the Tuesday expecting the snake that Amanda had promised to send on Monday.

Just want to make everyone aware of who you are dealing with when associating with this woman and/or her husband Mike.

There is also a thread under the email address regarding questionable issues with Mike which was probably the reason she did not want to give me his name.

Brian Aish

Old 03-30-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
there have been many threads about this scammer, my advice to you id to look through the BOI befor making a purchase with anyone, thats what this place is for, anyway, good luck, im sure others who have delt with this scum will give you the best advice possible

Old 03-30-2005, 04:13 AM   #3
reptilebreeder
It sucks you got ripped off. How did you find out about the snake, if it was through a KS ad you need to lodge an official complaint. One of the biggest problems in this industry is apathy from people who have been ripped off, for instance search bearded pets, dozens and dozens of people have been ripped off by them, yet when one person who had been ripped off by bearded pets actually went through with filing official complaints, he found out not one single person had "bothered" to file complaints. That's why these people are able to stay in business. If not through KS how did you find out about the rat snake?

Secondly, I noticed you have been registered since March 04' how did you not know about those @ssh0!es. There are numerous threads on mike clark and serpentboy78. I don't see how anybody could have missed those. Even if you were gone for the past 6 months and missed all the threads, in the future us the search button. If the search button is not responding (I sometimes get a failed message, don't know if it's cause I'm on dialup and it timed out or what) do an inquiry post on the BOI. I just put mike in the search and 5 or 6 threads with them came up. Even if you didn't know his last name, it would be easy to notice the connection in the threads, because they have mike, the last name of clark in them, and they all show serpentboy78, and in at least one of the threads amanda posted so that would have showed up also.

Anyway, these jerks have shown they don't care about the BOI, and seem to make it there life to ridicule it, even at the cost of business, so don't let them get away with ripping you off.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:45 AM   #4
gila7150
There is no Amanda. The person you are dealing with is the same little illiterate, prepubescent punk that sent me a childish, profanity filled email when I questioned him about a snake he was selling. If you look at past threads you'll see that they both share the exact same writing style of a 4th grade dropout.

If the check hasn't been cashed, put a stop payment on it. You wouldn't want any of his garbage contaminating your collection anyway.

Seems like Serpent "boy" has no problem becoming a girl when it's time to avoid an unhappy customer. Maybe one day he'll grow up and the "boy" can become a man.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:48 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Thumbs down Mike Clark

Mike Clark?

Is a thief, a liar, illegal shipper, scumbag and truly in the running for BAD Guy of the year.

You would have received a dead or dying snake through the post office anyway.

Maybe one recently thawed from his freezer.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #6
DAND
Cya

Like John and Dan suggested, do a search and/or inquiry for any purchases you may plan on doing in the future.

Serpentboy78 in whatever form or gender is one to avoid.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:06 AM   #7
nicolai
so you have any other info...

Do you happen to have the mailing address that you sent the check to. That way if they/he/she change thier name again people will recognize the mailing address and avoid it. also if you have any other info like im logon name, phone numbers etc. The more info the better.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:36 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentboy78
Yet my sells continue to thrive,
that is beside the point. I , I still have well known names buying
from me,but that is beside the point. Regardless what it boils down
to is if you have snakes ppl want and at the right price they are
gonna buy them. Im not sayin that to be a smart a$$ just a known
fact. I will not be chased out of this hobby/bizz... say is for
what it is worth im sorry.. & by no means will I be chased away
from this hobby
Mike kept trying to tell everyone his business was not suffering.

I do believe the efforts that were made did hurt his business that is why he refused to give his name.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 AM   #9
gmherps
What amazes about Mike Clark is that he seemed to go from a "good" guy, to a real "A$$" in aabout 5 posts flat.
Little man must have a chemical imbalance or something.

Mike, if by some "slight" chance you're reading this, pay your fines to Rich and please post your chest-beating antics, and give us all a good laugh.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:42 AM   #10
brucestephenson
Wait a second everyone!

Does Webslave have dilemma here? OK, Serpentboy gets destroyed on the BOI by my hero, Dan Scolaro, and also gets himself fined and suspended, besides getting destroyed!

But then, Serpentboy gets Bad-Guyed by a new thread on himself! Is Serpentboy entitled to come back for free to defend (joke) himself????

I say let him back and let the fun begin!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!