wondering about the paypal 3% - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #61
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
you end up paying the $80 fee.
If a refund is issued on the original transaction, it's for the full amount, and there is no surcharge.

Only if the refund is initiated as an entirely new transaction, the fee applies.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #62
Jim O
In this case he issued a refund of the full amount and there were no fees to either of us.

Had he simply sent me a payment then we both would have paid a fee.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:48 AM   #63
coyote
And Jason too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
If a refund is issued on the original transaction, it's for the full amount, and there is no surcharge.

Only if the refund is initiated as an entirely new transaction, the fee applies.
Thanks. This is good to know because the two times that I was "refunded" money it was less the 3%.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #64
The BoidSmith
A question related to this topic. Is there any advantage of having a separate e-mail account for receiving PayPal payments? Why do several sellers are set-up that way?

Regards.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #65
hhmoore
In some cases, the PayPal accounts were probably set up prior to the "business". I have had a pay pal acct for many years, but have just become a business. I also know of some that have more than one acct...cash deals to the personal acct, credit to the business (I believe that there isno 3% fee on received funds for a personal acct)

Old 10-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #66
Chris@TSE
hey look, yet another asking for an illegal 3%

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=10738

How annoying..........

Old 10-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #67
hhmoore
interesting that he wants $1000 minus shipping costs...must be his unique way of making up for trying to rip someone off for the 3%, lol

Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #68
kzooherpetoculturist
i'm getting in on this a little late, but i say charge what you want to charge. paypal can't tell me what to do nor can anyone else. my business dealings are my business and my customer's.
i usually figure the paypal 3% into my shipping/handling costs. why should i have to pay the 3% when the buyer could just send me a M/O at no charge to me?

Old 10-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #69
Chris@TSE
That has got to be the most uneducated and ignorant response I have ever seen. It is ILLEGAL, period. State as well as FEDERAL law prohibits such action.

Adding such cost into your shipping and handling fees or cost of the animal is fine, adding it after-the-fact is illegal, and cannot be argued. I do however enjoy watching those who try too........ lol

Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 AM   #70
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzooherpetoculturist
i'm getting in on this a little late, but i say charge what you want to charge. paypal can't tell me what to do nor can anyone else. my business dealings are my business and my customer's.
Actually they can "tell you what to do". You agreed to PayPal's terms of service when you opened your account and that is part of it. If you do not like their terms then do not accept it as a payment form. That is your choice.

As for sending a money order, yes that is an option. You will then wait for your money and maybe the person has buyer's remorse and never sends it. So the 3% is the fee for getting paid instantly.

You are now on my "never buy from" list, and I suspect many others as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!