OHIO- Important Exotic Animal Owners’ Meeting - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
DAND
Exclamation OHIO- Important Exotic Animal Owners’ Meeting

There will be an informational and organizational meeting regarding the upcoming restrictive Ohio legislature, which is presently being drafted. This law, when voted on and placed in effect will effect the current and may prevent the future ownership of reptiles, felines, primates and many others.

A bill to enact sections 1534.01 to 1534.14 and 1534.99 of the Revised Code to prevent persons who do not possess exotic animals on the effective date of this act from acquiring such animals after that date and to establish requirements regarding the possession and care of exotic animals by current possessors. (microchipped prior to submitting for permits which will be required per animal, agreeing not to sell, trade or barter the animal's body or parts, breed the animal, animals must be spayed or neutered at owners expense)

We need to get organized NOW if we want to maintain our rights.

The meeting will be held at Olde Summit Towne Restaurant on December 11th, 2005 at 1pm. Lunch buffet is optional at a cost of $11.50. The address for Olde Summit Towne is 14163 E, Broad Street Pataskala, OH 43062

Please contact Evelyn Shaw at 740-964-9040 if you have questions or need directions.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
wcreptiles
Do you have a link to a copy of the proposed legislation? I looked at the Ohio Revised Code and sections 1534.01 to 1534.14 and 1534.99 were no where to be found. I couldn’t find a link to any proposed new legislation. I would like to read what exactly might be passed into law. I intend to pass this on to the local herpetology society, (Greater Cincinnati), when I get a little more information.

Thanks,

Don Flickner

Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
DAND
I have a faxed copy of the proposed bill (18 pages) and I am waiting to see if I can receive it in e-mail form so I can post it.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
screamdreams
Caught this thread a little too late...

Man, I guess that's what I get for not keeping up on the latest news regarding my place of residence. I would have been there for sure...

Well, looks like all these years of being an honest, hard-working, law abiding citizen have finally paid off - I GET TO BE A CRIMINAL YEAH!!!!!!!!! I've always wanted to do illegal You know, things like breeding Cornsnakes, watering my Ball Pythons, giving hands-on lectures for grades K-12, where the can actually see and touch the crack cocaine, I mean automatic weapons, I mean Bearded Dragons...

So let me get this straight. In Ohio, I can walk through the local dairy with a concealed weapon, send my under age child to purchase alcohol at my local "drive-thru" so I can later consume it behind the wheel while driving under suspension from my 4th DUI, beat my wife or girlfriend (...but only twice - third time they'll get ya) slash tires, steal cars, and even watch as my oldest son is off fighting for FREEDOM in Iraq!! He's willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for his/mine/yours/our country...as of all of our beloved troops.

...man, what a waste. He'll be pi$$ed coming home to find that Saddam, I mean, Osama, I mean our local govt has taken away his hobby, his passion, our animals...

Hey, I got an idea...after the US gets done dumping BILLIONS of dollars into the middle east, fixing all of THEIR problems (while we basically IGNORE places of interest like hmmmm....the US and all of OUR problems)
and get them trained to kill - just like we did Bin Laden, then maybe I can move over there to get away from all the child abuse, violence, poverty, disease, and oh, let's not forget the Leopard Gecko breeding, and dictatorshit that goes on over here

Tell me we can't find a cure for cancer...

On a lighter note: city schools are doing just fine, crimes against innocent children are on the rise, unemployment is at an all time high in some areas, and we now have over 2,135,000 men and women incarcerated in state and federal funded facilities. 51% of those men and women suffer from an addiction to a "controlled" substance. Non-violent offenders...ahhh...I dream of the day...Prisons filled with herion addicts, potheads, kids that never had a chance, and of course - the dreaded reptile keeper. Soon our streets will be safe. Ran only by the suppliers of those "controlled" substances, child abusers, violent criminals, and crooked politicians.

Haiti, here I come...

Old 12-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #5
dmasio
I did not get to make the meeting, what is the new word now? And did anyone get a link to the Ohio code so I can take a look at it as well? Thanks
Damian Macioce

Old 01-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
Eagle54
Wink The exotic animal Thing

I know this is not the first time that the people and the state gov, have tried to band the ownership of our four legged friends. I for one have had just about everything that runs wild in the state of Ohio at one time or another. I have for a long time done wildlife rehabilitation for the state of Ohio. I do know that if you want to keep your/our rights to have these "pets" we have to be active in every aspect of what is interduced to the House and Senate. I anyone has a copy of the last preposal, ie... Revised Code 1534.99, that they could email to me I would love to see it, I can't find it on the web. Thanks. Fox State of Ohio

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!