Bad Guy New Chameleon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
veiled.chams
New Chameleon

Hello! I recently ordered a veiled chameleon from backwaterreptiles.com and was told to inquire here about whether or not to report the business. My chameleon arrived in an incredibly tiny box, with Styrofoam inside and inside the Styrofoam was a very tiny paper bag in which the chameleon was sealed. The bag was very small, barely bigger than the chameleon himself. The chameleon came out of the box very dark, and looking lethargic. He was incredibly skinny, I will attach a picture. He is also very dehydrated and we think he may have coccidia, we're getting him tested for it on Thursday. As soon as I put him in his tank he ate twenty some crickets, he was so hungry.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
juliasara
I know this has nothing to do with your business transaction and I may get a warning for it but feeding a skinny animal like that so much at once can cause their organs to go into shock and shut down. Please for the chams sake take feeding extremely slow for a while. Extremely small meals a few times a day are much better for its digestive system especially when it hasn't eaten in god knows how long.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
bcr229
I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to lock this thread as it's a rule that you have to put the name of the company in the subject line in the BOI.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. If you do a search you'll find that you're not alone.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Melinda is correct. BOI threads need to be posted with the correct format. This thread will be locked and some small amount of time will pass prior to removal to allow you the chance to start a new thread with the correct format for this section of the site. I recommend doing so for the sake of having your experience discussed fully.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread